Bear Meets 375 Rum Pics!

Tikkamike

Well I finally made it happen last night. I sat on my bait about 2 and a half hours and I caught a glimpse of him back in the trees behind my bait then 45 minutes later he showed himself again, So I got behind the 375 Ultra and sent a 270 grain Barnes TSX his way. He hit the ground instantly then got up and ran about 5 yards and piled up again. He was facing me slightly quartering so I stuck it in his shoulder and it came out in front of he opposite hind quarter. He measures 6'7" with the skull still in, I dont know if thats how you measure them or if its done with the skull out, if its done with no skull itll gain a couple inches. Game and Fish Aged him at over 20 years old.

040.jpg

2012-06-12_20-41-53_562.jpg

2012-06-12_20-34-01_621.jpg

2012-06-12_20-59-39_325.jpg

2012-06-12_20-42-02_46.jpg

I know you don't mean to, it just happens :)

But seriously, congrats! That's a GIANT bear. Your name will be in the books now.

Great pictures of a great bear! No neck, ears out to the side softball size muzzle it doesn't get better. Amazing animals! What's it take to get back up after a hit like that? Please have that skull measured, he looks wide, maybe wider than long, if you get a chance throw a tape across the front paws. Congratulations!
PS: Mostly skull out, at least that's how the taxidermist will charge you. LOL

Last edited:
Dropped the bear off at the taxidermist today. After skinning he is 6'10" nose to tail and pre drying the skull measures 22.5" 9 wide 13.5 long. He is getting a full body mount planted on all 4 with head up and looking slightly right just like he was when i shot him. Should be pretty cool.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.