Bear Meets 375 Rum Pics!

My big choc bear, 300wsm 180gr Barnes X 138 yards
575194_3594483778454_932004080_n.jpg

Mike - I'm behind the times, haven't visited this forum in a while. Congrats on a great bear, taken with a great rifle.

I got a pretty good Washington bear, chocolate, in 2010. Not nearly as big as yours though! Used a .375 H&H Ruger Number One, and a single 260 gr Nosler Accubond at a tad over 300 yards. Instant thump down. Are the .375's necessary? Of course not! But they're a lot of fun to use for sure.

Again, congrats, and thanks for posting those great photos. I dearly love bear hunting, my son and I have been out a couple of times already this season, no luck so far.

Regards, Guy

Thanks! And yeah I have been fascinated with the 375 ever since I was a little kid. My dad bought a Sako AV in 375 H&H in the early 90's when he drew a moose tag and he has a model 94 in 375 win that I used to shoot when I was a kid. when the 375 Ultra came out years ago I bought one, but it never shot right so I got rid of it, then last year I picked up the one I have now. I love it. Good Luck on the bears. I am putting bait out again on saturday

Great Bear. My friend & I have been talking about doing a bear hunt again & that is one hell of a bear mine was a baby looking at yours. Good hunt thanks for shareing nice Pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts