BDC /system and where to find

TAWS

Is there a scope manufacturer out there (beside Shepherd) that makes a Bullet drop comp. system on a scope in the 4 to 14 or 16 power range that goes out to at least 1000yds or even better to 1500 yds. that will let you set your scope (turn the elavation knob to that yardage) and let you hit a target at that given yardage? Like the custom BDC system used on the video "Beyond Belief".
Thanks
Vance

"...that will let you set your scope (turn the elavation knob to that yardage) and let you hit a target at that given yardage? ..."

If you just take the word yardage out of the turn the elavation knob to that yardage and replace it with "elevation" you can use nearly any quality scope with tactical or target turrets.

What you're doing when you turn the dial to a "yardage" is adjusting the "elevation" in the scope. If you know the elevation required for a given distance jsut turn the scope to the setting... it really makes no difference what the numbers display... yardage or elevation once you have a good handle on what you're doing.

BTW. I believe the "BDC" turrets Mr Burns uses are custom made with "yardage" marks and just replace the standard "Minutes (MOA)" marks the scope(s) come with when new.

Kenton Industries makes the knobs I believe.

http://www.kentonindustries.com/

Here's what is boils down to:

A Rose is a rose is a rose..

Gertrude Stein!

Take care

Kenton industries is what I was looking for. I do want the dials to be marked in yds. Thanks Dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.