BDC for a Redfield.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by wilderness_dreamer, Dec 24, 2008.

1. wilderness_dreamer

wilderness_dreamer Member

Does anyone know where I can get a BDC for a Redfield 6-20X50 scope? Does anyone have any experience with the scope?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008

2. wilderness_dreamer

Let me rephrase the question..." Does anyone know where I can get the yardage turrets for the Redfield Illuminator scope?"

3. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I might have something for you. Somewhere in all of my clutter I have a pair of very old after market knobs and I don't know what they fit but it might be that they fit Redfield being as that was what I was using long ago.

Take the cover off the elevation adjustment and take a pair of calipers and measure the inside diameter of the cover where the threads are and post it up. I will then do that to the knobs and we will see if they are close enough that they might work.

4. wilderness_dreamer

It'll have to wait. My caliper quit working on me...don't know what happened. I am waiting for another one, after 19 years of service... the thing just quit working...man that burns me!

5. wilderness_dreamer

Buffalobob,
    I don't know if this will help. Here is a picture of the turret on the Redfield scope.
    [​IMG]
    top side view.
    [​IMG]

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

That helps me, but not you. The knob I have will not work on that model of scope. It was designed for a different type of scope knob.

Sorry.