Base/Ring for Savage

3fingervic

Looking for a base ring system for a 110 with a heavy barrel. I want one with 20-30 MOA. Do they exist for a LH version? If not can you guide me in the right direction for a two piece set?

If you can't find exactly what your looking for, you might want to check into a set of Burris Signature Rings with the plastic inserts. You can set them up with whatever MOA you actually need.

Chris

I'd agree with winmagman.

Get the Burris Extreme bases and the Burris Signature Zee's. You'll only be out less than $60 and you'll be able to put anywhere from 0 MOA and 40 MOA.

They are rock solid and protect your scope from ring marks.

Dont worry about LH vs. RH. It doesn't really matter. The only problem with Savages is that the distance between the scope mounts is a long ways. Make sure whatever bases you get, get the extended fronts or you won't be able to mount most scopes.

If you're dead set on a pictinny type rail, the EGW rail and Burris XTR rings are a tough combo to beat for the money. They will run about the same price, or a little more than the 2 piece w/ Signatures setup.

I've got a left-handed Model 12 Savage I put the 2-piece, Burris, picatinny base on with their XTR rings. Works well and the price is hard to beat. I also recently replaced a standard base on my Rem 700 in .308 Win with a 20 moa Seekins base and rings. It's one piece and doesn't have a cut-out over the ejection port. But it works fine on my left-handed rifle. Don't know if I or my gun are good enough to see any difference between the Burris and Seekins mounts. Farrel bases would also work on your LH rifle if you're wanting to go with a 1-piece, picatinny rail.

I have a Farrell base that would work great with Signature rings. It's 0 moa but superb quality and you could shim it a bit if you wanted. PM me if you are interested.

On average how much drop can i expect from a .300 wm at 500 and 1000 yrds. I know i'm generalizing,but i just want to get an idea of what i need in a base/ scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.