• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

BARRELS NEEDED USED

I have a 25-06 factory sendero barrel that is just about toast. It's still on the receiver. You pay shipping I'll bust it apart for you. Pm if you want it.

I'm thinking it's not a 6mm Rem chamber but some 6mm wildcat or improved.
Otherwise, why fireform std 6mm Rem brass. But yeah, you'd have to remove quite a bit of the old 243 Win chamber to make that work.
It would be rechamber to a 280AI/6mm. So the case is longer to start with bases are the same, and the barrel dia are the same. So nothing really has to be cut off except setting up head spacing, cutting new threads. Both case at the shoulder are .454, 6mm rem is .426 at the shoulder. The length from base to shoulder differ a lot, shorter than a 280AI case. The only thing is there enough metal for the extend length of the 280AI case. Other than that it should work.
The barrels are to be converted to 280AI case chamber and neck down 6mm/.243 bore and a barrel for .257 bore. I presently have the 6mm/280AI built, and having the 25/280AI being built. These two barrel are for fireforming the case only.

I think that you are looking for a barrel that is shot out or not used anymore for no cost or verry little so you can cut the breach off and rechamber it to 6mm and 25-280ai.. Mike just make sure when you get the barrels that they have enough Breach material to cut a new chamber. Some pencil contours don't really leave enough.
Something simpler.
Just shoot loaded ammo. They will shoot just fine and you will get your fire form.
You will be breaking in your barrel.
Practice shooting
and a fireformed case
Thanks for the info. Hard to tell by email.

No worries then. Outta be able to use any non-magnum without wasting any barrel.
Anything that 25/06 for a 25/280AI. No Mag do not work. Base is to big and to long in chamber lenght. So they have to be same caliber. rifling is not the requirement. It just for fire-forming the cases. From all the reading I have done over the past severals years. It can take up to 3 firing to fire-from the case. I do realize you have to brake in the barrel, but after that it's just burning your barrel to fire-form. That to me is waste of time and money for bet getting a new barrel or have the barrel rechamber again any quicker than needed. I never been able to get much past 10 to 14 firing with a brass case. I am not a gun smith, so I am at there mercy in getting work done.

I have a 6mm Remington Barrel
Good evening!
Is that 6mm a used not going to use barrel? We look for barrels that one shot out and doesn't need any use for. We could use it to train Youth to Thread and maybe cut the old chamber off and chamber it again depending on the shank and diameter of the barrel.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Good evening!
Is that 6mm a used not going to use barrel? We look for barrels that one shot out and doesn't need any use for. We could use it to train Youth to Thread and maybe cut the old chamber off and chamber it again depending on the shank and diameter of the barrel.
Thanks
Len & Jill
I have gotten one in 6mm. I am now looking for .257 barrel that can be set up on a Rem LA. I'll have it chamber 25/280AI Cartrigde. It will be used for fire-forming my cases only. I have the action in 700Rem LA, Stock, trigger housing, and other items to build this set up.
The barrel I am going to use in rifle is coming from Bartlein. Reamer is on order.
Thanks for the Offer.

Good evening!
Thanks
Len & Jill
I'm sure the barrel still has life left in it, plenty enough for me to resell. I'm not sure, but it looks like you are looking for barrel donations??

I'm sure the barrel still has life left in it, plenty enough for me to resell. I'm not sure, but it looks like you are looking for barrel donations??
Just looking for barrels to practice on for threading, chambering and now Laser Engraving. We have some coming in from other members so we are set for now.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Recent Posts