barrel replacement

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by sigsupermatch, Feb 3, 2013.

1. sigsupermatch

sigsupermatch Well-Known Member

Any opinions out on which is better Shilen or Krieger barrels? Trying to decide which to put on my Remington Sendero 300 wby. Also anyonevhave any experiance with Allen Percision shooting's accurizing service?
    Any help will be appreciated.

2. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

I don't know which is better but I currently have a Krieger (Remington Sendero contour) on my custom 30/375 S.I. and it shoots bugholes.....Rich

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Look into Rock Creek barrels. I was recommended them by a very reliable source.

4. jcvibby

jcvibby Non-Profit Sponsor

Of those two barrels I dont think its even close, Kreiger all the way.

I would also look into Benchmark and Bartlein barrels as they are top notch custom barrels.

5. elkaholic

I have a Bartlein and a Lilja as well as the Krieger and they all perform very well. I think the difference in the Krieger and the other two is it is mounted on a BAT action......Rich

6. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I used Shilen on a couple build years ago & I'm happy with the performance, my 6mmAI consistently shoots in the .3's. I have a Kreiger on a 6-284 & it is also a sub half-moa rifle.

Rumor mill has it that Shilen quality has slipped some but I have not been able to validate that.

Brux, Bartlein, Kreiger & Rock are very solid performers.

My last two customs both wear Obermeyers (6.5 & 7mm).

cheers,

7. CB11WYO

CB11WYO Well-Known Member

Between the two I'd go with a Krieger, going to put one on my 7 Rem Mag this saturday! Also really like my Lilja.

8. sigsupermatch

sigsupermatch Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your opinions. It looks like there are many makers of high quality barrels. It looks like I will be hard pressed to make a wrong decision.

9. elkaholic

That's correct. If you stay with any of the top barrel makers and the smith does a good job, you should easily have a sub moa rifle......Rich

10. squirrelduster

squirrelduster Well-Known Member

Don't forget McGowen, Benchmark and of course Hart barrels.