Hart Barrel replacement

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by mbgunn, Sep 26, 2011.

1. mbgunn

mbgunn New Member

Hello all,
    Has anyone had thier rifle rebarreled at Hart. I know they make an outstanding barrel but I would like some input on thier gunsmithing. I have used both Hart and Lilja in the past but have lost the smith that did the prior work.
    I have a Remington 700 DM thumbhole laminated stock with fluted barrel in .300 Win Mag. For the life of me, I cant get the thing to group better than 2 inches at 100 yards. Regardless of bedding, trigger job, bullet type, powder or OAL. I believe I just got a bad barrel.
    I have decided to make this a project gun and am looking for the best place to r&r the barrel and true up the action.

Mike..

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Boby Hart or Hart rifle barrels of NY?

3. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

The search button is your friend!

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

If it's Hart out of NY, my buddy had a 300 Wby fluted, ported, and bedded in a McMillan stock. Excellent workmanship, .5 or less MOA, and has the recoil of my 308. I'm planning on using them.

5. Joel Russo

Seems to me that ICANHITITMAN asked a simple question of who the original poster was inquiring about in this thread, as there may be some confusion between Hart Rifle Barrels and R.W. Hart.

For some reason, you brought up the fact Bobby Hart has such a bad name, then you go on to (please keep it appropriate in language).

I would think that you who have only 5 posts to your name, would show a little respect to ICANHITITMAN who has 2,222 posts and the other members of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  6. ICANHITHIMMAN

Thanks Joel, dont know what that was all about and I never read a bad thing about either of them. Like Joel said just trying to clear up the details a bit. When the OP chimes back in we can give him clear and positive direction on both of them.

7. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Probably just a Troll looking to strike a flame.

8. jharris308

jharris308 Well-Known Member

I had a model 700 in .243 rebarreled to .308 and the action worked over by Hart (of NY). They did an excellent job! I chose them after a lot of research. I don't know R.W. Hart.

9. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

I used to work in Berwick and went to Hart's in Nescopeck once a week to look around. They never really seemed all that friendly, but I notice that a lot about the big gun shops like Grice's etc etc too. That is that the staff often is made up of allseeing-allknowing (please keep it appropriate in language) who think they invented the cartridge firearm.

But I never heard bad stuff in Berwick about Hart's shop, guns, barrels, or work and I worked with a LOT of shooters.

Good luck with your custom work.

10. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

11. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

12. ICANHITHIMMAN

Hay when is the op going to join back in this thread is dead with out him and what happned to 40xjoes post they are gone?

13. Joel Russo

Len took care 40xjoe, he made his wishes come true..