Barrel question

Yorkplates

This isn't a long range situation, but you guys deal with a lot of custom barrels, so I thought I would ask here. Is it an easy task for the popular custom barrel makers to reproduce the barrel contour on my Kimber Montana 84M? It is in 308, but I have contemplated a smaller caliber. My apologies if this is a stupid question, but the barrel is so petite, unlike the big pipes I see on here from time to time.

Most top end barrel makers can match a barrel contour you have. Generally your looking at around a $30 charge if they have not already done a contour such as what you want. Some may be a bit more, some a bit less, but this is pretty average.

Generally just send the old barrel to them and they will match it for you.

Kirby Allen(50)

Save the extra $30. Just take a mike and take a couple key measurements off your current barrel. any barrel mftr site will tell you where they measure there barrels and give you the key dimensions of their standard contours. Think you will find that they will be so close that the extra $30 is not worth it.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.