Barrel question regarding wby mk v barrel

stbbo

I have a wby accumark barrel in 338-06 and am wondering if it can be put onto any other action? Such as Mdl 70, 700, howa, vanguard? Thank you for your input

I have a wby accumark barrel in 338-06 and am wondering if it can be put onto any other action? Such as Mdl 70, 700, howa, vanguard? Thank you for your input

I would think that you can, however, depending on what ever brand of action you go with, you may have to re cut the threads, as they MAY be different. That in turn may shorten your effective barrel length, but for the most part, I would think that the effect will be minimal. What a nice round that is! I know a guy who has one, and it is a tack driver.

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL.lightbulb :) 7 STW

Seems like I was told a Ruger, Sako, and 70 actions were of one type of tennon, where 700s are different.

Thanks for the replies so in a nut shell my 700 LA will work. Just need to recut threads, correct? if it's a 24" barrel and is the fluted accumark barrel will the flutes cause an issue

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts