Barrel contour question

STWdude

I have 2 custm rifles; Both have Douglas barrels. One is 26" and measures .710 @ the muzzle, and I beleive it is a #5. The other is 28" and measures .830 @ the muzzle (don't know the contour #).
On my 3rd build I want to split the difference in barrel diameter.

My gunsmith uses - Broughton, Kreiger, & Bartlein barrels only, and I'm not sure which contour # Im wanting.

From what I've seen out there, the Rem Sendero factory barrel looks to be in between the two I have. What size is it? A #6 maybe.

I'm thinking something along the lines of around .750.
Note: This will not be a "straight taper" barrel.

I have 2 custm rifles; Both have Douglas barrels. One is 26" and measures .710 @ the muzzle, and I beleive it is a #5. The other is 28" and measures .830 @ the muzzle (don't know the contour #).
On my 3rd build I want to split the difference in barrel diameter.

My gunsmith uses - Broughton, Kreiger, & Bartlein barrels only, and I'm not sure which contour # Im wanting.

From what I've seen out there, the Rem Sendero factory barrel looks to be in between the two I have. What size is it? A #6 maybe.

I'm thinking something along the lines of around .750.
Note: This will not be a "straight taper" barrel.

Bartleins bull sporter is .750". I have a Bartlein and really like it........rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.