Barrel Choice?

My Krieger 4 groove and Harts shoot very tiny groups with a chamber with very little freebore plus a tad of throat where the 169g Sierra sits .020 above the shoulder/Neck junction. 1" groups at 300 are not unusual, but I like #5 contour to Max Heavy Varmint with Gentry muzzle breaks. One 10T Krieger shoots in the 2's at 200 yards with 175g Sierra tmk with 42g of 8208.

OP, I would do a weight calculation on a 20", #5 contour, then a #4.

my last barrels have been PREFERRED BARRELS, like them and easy to talk to when you call, can and will do custom contour, fast delivery and very accurate

Yep I'd do a Bart 2b/3 or a Krieger 4 then.

You could do the custom light palma contour you planned out too.

Sounds like you've got it figured.

Preferred Barrel did my recent 7 PRC barrel and it is one hole at 100yards.
They were very easy to work with and helped me decide on the contour. The barrel was precisely what I wanted: easy break in and great quality.
They also do Carbon Fiber Barrels so you have that light weight option as well.

I'm just not sure CF is worth the extra money, when steel gets me where I want in a hunting rifle. CF does intrigue me though.
For the weight you want to stay in and had mentioned running a suppressor I think the CF works. If not running a suppressor then you could do a pencil profile and have a lighter barrel, but to have everything a CF would be yue way to go. Most GS wat a .75" end profile to be able to thread. I'm guessing the threads on the suppressor are 5/8". I think bartlien CF barrels are just a little heavier than Proof but not much

I'm just not sure CF is worth the extra money, when steel gets me where I want in a hunting rifle. CF does intrigue me though.
I considered the CF barrel but, in the end, decided to go with Stainless Steel and save $350 over the CF. CF also intrigues me and if/when I build my ultimate rifle, I'll put a CF barrel on it, but will do so without the intention of running a can on it. I will have Preferred Barrel Blanks provide me the barrel for that build as the experience I had with them was outstanding and the barrel shoots awesome.

I don't see much reason to go for CF on a 18-20" barrel. Lot of money for not much gain if anything, as most of the contours you're looking at will make a fine sized shoulder for 5/8 thread at finish diameter.

You pass .725 at like 21" for a standard 4 contour (bart 3) which is tbacs minimum rec. (though I have had a false shoulder made for a .670 barrel to a qd mount and it works fine)

Most GS wat a .75" end profile to be able to thread. I'm guessing the threads on the suppressor are 5/8".
.725" is usually what suppressor manufacturers want minimum for shoulder for direct thread at 5/8-24.

It's an old M700 I have. It shoots okay, but always have a cold bore shot that wont group with the rest. I cut it to 18" running an ASR brake for my suppressor.

.725" is usually what suppressor manufacturers want minimum for shoulder for direct thread at 5/8-24.

It's an old M700 I have. It shoots okay, but always have a cold bore shot that wont group with the rest. I cut it to 18" running an ASR brake for my suppressor.
I had previously been told .75 from a smith that I had talked to about threading a muzzle, but I'm not GS so not positive either way. But if doing a shorter barrel I'm sure there would be enough material. Are you thinking of doing a shouldered barrel again or doing a remage?