Barrel advice needed -Mossberg Revelation

105Coues

I have a rifle of my father's that I would like to get shooting good. I had the Chamber cut and set back due to a head space issue. I am disappointed as I am getting 4" groups. It shot fantastic long ago. It is a Revelation 243 AKA Mossberg 800A. Does anyone know any affordable barrel makers who may make a new barrel? Any other options? Thanks

Mine gave up pretty suddenly too but I ended up selling it. Any barrel maker can provide a blank. You'll want to take it to your local gunsmith for profiling, chambering and threading. Given that mossberg's current line of rifles uses more or less the Savage small shank thread pitch and size, if you have a savage small shank barrel laying around you could try that barrel to confirm. I wish I'd kept mine. It was my favorite rifle ever. If you decide to get rid of it, PM me.

Thanks for the reply. It has a lot of good memories tied to it and my father is no longer with us. I am sure it isn't worth much but would love to make it work out as a fun gun to use on Coues and speedgoats. I really like the trigger and the long box magazine though. I am going to seat the bullets out further, clean it good with copper solvent, and try again. I have tried two different scopes, checked the barrel clearance, screw and ring torque. I have never seen a rifle shoot this bad so I am kind of puzzled. I can only link the lack of accuracy to being set back and rechambered. Wish I had not messed with it now. I wish I new for sure if rebarrelling would make it sing as I am sure it would cost twice what it is worth. Have a great day brother and Happy Father's day !

Mine would stack em' when it was first given to me. If it could stack bullets before, it can do it again. Barrels are a wear item.

My dad gave me mine for my 16th birthday and passed a few years ago. He taught me to shoot a scoped rifle with it. If there's one gun I've sold that I could get back it would be that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.