Barnes TTSX vs Berger VLD

ok so i'm new to this forum but we have some real world results on elk too there is a damage hunt here were i live and we shot a couple of elk to see the differance. one with a 140berger Vld and one with a 140 barnes lrx. one went down at 574yds(vld) and the other at 652yds(lrx) across a big pivot field. one friend shot one with my 7mm 300wby and the other was shot with the match to my gun that next morning. both dropped in there tracks with shoulder shots we had 20 lbs of waste on the lrx and a pass though. the berger we lost most of both shoulders from blood shot, if this is standard i'd pick the one were i get more meat.

Both front shoulders from a 140 gr bullet in a high velocity chambering. Hmmmm, and this is the bullet the haters say does not penetrate... I rest my case. Just think,, a shot placed in the crease behind the shoulder would have exited and the elk would have dropped like a strike of lightning with only some ribs lost. I don't eat ribs anyway.:) As I have said before. Use what every you want, but know your bullet and at what speed it works best and then place it accordingly.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.