Bang Flop

That a perfectly fine deer especially for the last day.

Especially being a guided hunt. Nothing worse than tag soup on a guide hunt. Much easier to let them walk when you know next year you will be after him.
A bit off topic but what the heck. Anyone else find it weird that guided don't offer a discount to not shoot small bucks? I hunted in Kansas one year and it was a rough year. So many resorted to shooting small bucks. As a guide wouldn't it be better to say hey if you had an opportunity at a small buck and walked or you choose to pass or don't even see a buck. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense to knock say 1k off the price. That's good for you for future deer and the empty tags hunters don't feel screwed. Now we all know it's hunting but we all know certain guides may take your money know they don't have deer. But ever since that hunt I thought what a great way to encourage letting them walk.
Say a guy sees a deer he's not thrilled with last day. If you paid 4K you more than likely will shoot it to not go home empty. But if sitting watching him the thought that that deer now will cost you 1k more that last day. Hmm. Maybe let him walk.
Sorry back on topic.
Either way that buck is great and would not walk past me.

That is a wonderful gift to have! I kept zooming in on it, appreciating the bluing, the wood, and the stock shaping. Just a well done classic in the perfect, never out of style cartridge (.30-06 Springfield.) You're living the dream. Thanks for sharing a bit of it with us.

I'm still happy with him.
That's a very nice buck and I would be happy with him also.
if you had an opportunity at a small buck and walked or you choose to pass or
This is a good idea but they would have to take their word that they let one walk. I'm sure nobody would just say it to save 1k.🙄