Ballistics Programs

Mike6158

Search tees me up with ancient threads. They are so old that the computers back then ran on vacuum tubes. There's a GRTools thread but for now that software is in limbo for me. How about:

Patagonia Ballistics
Quickloads

What else. How well do these work. Do they still work?

Search tees me up with ancient threads. They are so old that the computers back then ran on vacuum tubes. There's a GRTools thread but for now that software is in limbo for me. How about:

Patagonia Ballistics
Quickloads

What else. How well do these work. Do they still work?
I have used QL for about 10 years, but I still consider my self an amateur. It is a simulation software and as such is as good as the data you enter. It's a good tool, used properly can help. You have to keep buying updates for new powders and bullets, I do that evert year or two since I don't load much anymore.
I don't know anything about Patagonia.
It appears Patagonia Ballistics is External Ballistics, not internal

I have used QL for about 10 years, but I still consider my self an amateur. It is a simulation software and as such is as good as the data you enter. It's a good tool, used properly can help. You have to keep buying updates for new powders and bullets, I do that evert year or two since I don't load much anymore.
I don't know anything about Patagonia.
It appears Patagonia Ballistics is External Ballistics, not internal
A long time ago I had a license for Patagonia Ballistics. I think it was called something else. I only vaguely remember that it was decent software. We're probably talking about the days of XP being new, it was that long ago. I'm hoping GRTools works out.

A long time ago I had a license for Patagonia Ballistics. I think it was called something else. I only vaguely remember that it was decent software. We're probably talking about the days of XP being new, it was that long ago. I'm hoping GRTools works out.
The zipped file is about 230MB, too large to email, Charlie usually responds on Discord, just remember he is in Europe, about 7 hours ahead of us.
Where in Texas are you?

Patagonia Ballistics - Cold Bore works well, I have used it since 2016 with the 375 and 416 for all my ELR stuff that is pushing us out to 4200 yards now and also my 260 rifle stuff for closer stuff. I still had to enter in all my environments in the Cold Bore, its a little complicated but really worked well, But with that said last year I picked up a Kestrel with a AB program in it.

If I was looking for a good simple system that pulls in the environments and gives you a shooting solution for your scope I would spend the money on a Kestrel that has Applied Ballistics in it. One unit and it keeps things simple.

JH

Check out Apple AirTags if you are an iphone user. I've got one on my kestrel, rangefinder, binos, e-collar transmitter, truck keys, etc.