BALLISTICS AE VS APPLIED BALLISTICS (applied seems to be high)

I have a Kestrel with Applied Ballistics and it is showing significant differences in vertical drops due to wind from different directions. The drops almost double in some instances due to a 10 mph wind at 3 o'clock vs a 10 mph wind at 9oclock.

It is actually showing one must hold under at 300 yds shooting in a 30 mph wind from 9 o'clock. This is data for an 85 grain 6.5-284 round at 3500 fps.

I realize a 30 mph wind is pretty stiff but I would not expect it to defy gravity. I will test this in the real world but right now I am leaning toward throwing the BS flag.

Vertical drop won't change from wind moving from 3 or 9 o'clock

If your somehow reading different direction of fire that might be it.

Everything remains the same except wind direction, vertical solutions change according to Applied Ballistics in my Kestrel. This phenomenon is built in to this device and program. The question is was this intended, or do I have something happening that should not be happening.

I had a Kestrel with Atrag prior to the Applied Ballistics version and never encountered this before.

Here is something funny. 6.5-284, 85 grain at 3500. If I input a 30 mph wind at 9 o clock the solution is 1.58 mils Up. If I simply change the wind direction to 3 o clock the solution changes to .27 mils down. I realize this is an extreme example but the differences are significant even with winds as low as 5 mph.

Same scenario my 375-408 shows 16.41 mils with a 9 oclock wind and 14.61 mils with a 3 o'clock wind at 1760 yds.

Ok
If your drop is affecting by 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock wind. What function do I have off in my program. Because mine doesn't change.

I don't know what the difference would be. There are two versions of Applied Ballistics in the Kestrels, the Sportsman and the Elite. Mine is the Elite. The Elite does have certain functions the Sportsman does not have.

I would like to stop this nonsense, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Ok
If your drop is affecting by 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock wind. What function do I have off in my program. Because mine doesn't change.

Aerodynamic jump is not in the AB app only on the Kestrel 5700 AB, both elite and sportsman, it may become part of the app in a future update.

I really would like to sell it and get one with Atrag. I used one of those for years and really liked it. It was a 4500 NV and developed the infamous battery box problem.

I had to tweak the Atrag a little to get it to match the trajectory of my 375-408, the G1 AB required a lot more tweaking and the G7 was off even further. I got the G7 value for the 350 SMK off the Internet, I was so disillusioned with the results I abandoned the effort and I can't remember what G7 value I used.

As far as I can tell you can't turn of aerodynamic jump but I don't see why a guy would want to, it's really tightened up my shooting. Sounds like you've got a lot of bad inputs, AB given correct numbers will out run most programs and only two others will equal it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.