BALLISTICS AE VS APPLIED BALLISTICS (applied seems to be high)

I was having some discrepancies with shooter with 6.5 and 308 cal stuff until I started using the (Litz) updated profiles. If you use the regular 210 VLD profile and then try the 210 (Litz) profile, you will get different values. Think some of the BC values are off in shooter for ones that don't have the (Litz) profile on them. Doesn't seem to be the case with all of them though...

+1 on using the Litz profiles in shooter. I am getting good results with shooter and the Litz bullet profiles.

my 2 cents
rch

I went side by side with another user with shooter vs ballistic AE.

Shooter is .80 moa high at 820 vs ballistic AE. Hmmmmm

6mm .243 win Berger vld hunting. g7

The 105 Gr. one, correct?
There is a Litz profile for that bullet. In Shooter try the 105 gr, VLD(Litz) profile. It would be interesting to see if it then matches the results in Applied Ballistics app.

I also believe Ballistics AE has the Litz corrected profiles. Might be good to make sure you are using the Litz profiles on both apps when comparing results. I'm sure you will get different results if not.

I just punched in what it would let me ( Shooter ) and it came up with 15.5 @ 820.

I just made sure I had the 105 Litz and it came up 15.9...........

1.235 for bullet length appears to be the Litz profile as thats what mine changed to from 1.222 as the 105 match vld hunt.

Also G7 went from .278 to .270 for litz profile.

Yeah
Litz vs normal option didn't change a thing for me, in my updated version. I think litz is used for g7 having current coefficient

Being an Android type guy, I'm pretty much stuck with Shooter. Ballistic AE seems to have no plans to port to Android.

I do have to tweak my speeds and/or BC often in Shooter to get things lined up with what the field results actually are. This thread probably explains why. But once I get it lined up it is good to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.