ballistic programs and smart phones

bman73

Does anyone know if any of the ballistic calculating programs work on smartphones or does it require a PDA? Been thinking up upgrading my cell phone, still on a 5 year old flip phone, I know get withthe times right? lol My carrier is offering a free Iphone 3gs if I upgrade and was wondering if I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks for any input to all

I was just playing around on my wife new smartphone last night i think its a samsung on the droid network or something like that but i found a ballistics app that was very detailed i am going to add it to her phone so i can use it in my field shooting my gong before hunting begins. I know that the iphone has a couple ballistics apps as well

I have the Iphone and there is a very nice program that is super easy and has everything you need on it. It's called " Ballistic " $9.99

I use 'I SNIPE' in my IPOD and it's great. Check it out on U Tube it's rather cheap to buy and if you use it on an I Phone it can download data to the program to include weather information. I still use a Kestrel weather station + range finder to add some of the info.

Good luck

I use a Droid w/ Shooter. It is 9.99 and works well. There was a program Shooter Lite that was free, I started w/ it.

I've recently started using this one and so far so good. I've only ran it with 2 known rifles so far but I have found it working very well out to 1000yds.

Like anything though, the better you have it set up to start with the more accurate it will be.

The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to save the program to the SD card, only on the phone. But that is a minor annoyance for me.

is shooter lite still available, I have not bought any apps for my phone, how do you pay for them?

thanks to all for the help and input, I ended with the iphone 3 after all and immediatly bought the JBM ballistics field calculator, I think thats what it's called anyways. looks to be pretty impressive with just playing with it but will have to wait to try and compare with real life data as there is still a ton of snow here and right now I work 6 days a week, my one day off I have no desire to walk in the wet stuff. Will update when I get a chance to do some shooting

Bryan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.