Ballistics and cell phones

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by tmmcampbell, Jan 6, 2009.

1. tmmcampbell

tmmcampbell Active Member

Anyone using a blackberry or iphone with ballistic software?? Need a new phone. Thought it would be great to kill two deer with one bullet so to speak. Any experience would be appreciated.lightbulb:cool:

2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I'm typing this on my phone, its a xv6900 from verizon. It runs exbal flawlessly and it was very easy to install because it has windows mobil professional 6. i'm very happy with it!

3. PEI Rob

PEI Rob Well-Known Member

zuba, isn't that the same as a HTC Touch? Did you have to unlock it?

4. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

It is the same as the htc touch just verizon's. I'm not sure what you mean by unlock it, but it installed very easily and works amazingly. Exbal is one of the icons I can click on on the main/home screen. I can get to it as fast as I can call someone.

5. 7STDUBBERU

7STDUBBERU Well-Known Member

If exbal will work on an Iphone would it work on an Itouch??

6. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Get "ballistic" for your iPhone, very cheap and matches up with JBM perfectly!

7. Petersen

Petersen Well-Known Member

Anyone use the palm treo. I am thinking about the same thing. The 700p runs the Palm OS system so I think the Nightforce software would work. The 700wx runs the Windows Mobile so it sounds like it will run exbal. Which programs do you guys prefer? There seems to be a lot of them.

8. generaldoeboy

generaldoeboy Active Member

will "ballistic" work with like an ipod touch or ipod video??

9. mikebob

mikebob Well-Known Member

I have exbal on a att 8525 and it works perfect. It must be windows mobile pocket pc. It will not work on a windows mobile smartphone. Perry has a pdf on his site that list the difference between the two types and examples of phones that will work. A windows mobile pocket pc has touch screen, like tilt, touch pro,. A windows mobile smartphone does not have a touchscreen like blackjack,

Im not sure which one it was but there was a treo that it would work on, i bet if it has a touch screen it will work.

Compared to my blackberry sucks as a phone but great for exbal.

10. Russ M

Russ M Well-Known Member

this gives me a great idea i need a knew phone any way like tmmcampbell said two deer with one bullet
    have any of you guys herd of a phone that is water proof and would run a ballisic program

11. tmmcampbell

tmmcampbell Active Member

For water proof check out the outterbox. My brother in law is a forster in Oregon. He tells me it is compleatly waterproof. Its about $40 on ebay.

Does anyone know if Perry's system will work on a Iphone??

12. Willz

Willz Member

I've found the otterbox I'm looking for a mount that will let you attach the Otterbox to a rail type forend. I'm going to try the BulletFlight App with the Ipod touch.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  13. strictlyRUM

strictlyRUM Well-Known Member

I am running a samsung Epix, it is the lates version of the blackjack, complete with touch screen. It is running exbal flawlessly.

Jason

14. Knockturnal

Knockturnal Active Member

i was looking to that as well and the answer is no. it is a windows based program. i suppose thats the one thing that a PC has over a mac. I was looking at getting the Ballistic app for my iPhone but i convinced a buddy of mine to build a Ballistic Calculatorfrom scratch with soe info from the Sierra BC program on my computer. we shall see how it turns out i suppose.