Ballistic calculator issues

Rangefinder verified distance. It's flat where we shoot, angle shouldn't be a factor in the range.
One valuable piece of information for you. If your range finder can calculate level distance with an angle adjusting compensator on your device, angle of fire then becomes a non-issue

338 Dude,
Where did you get this data in the picture and is it just for Hornady bullets?
Thanks!
It's one of the applied ballistics series books, ballistic performance of rifle bullets, volume three
image.jpg

Last edited:
you can shoot your tall target test... or simply test the scope's characteristics directly.
James explains here. yes, it works.

more details & calculator on the website:

If you have a Laser Measuring tool, it's more accurate than any tape measure.
( Bosch Blaze 400 ft. Outdoor Laser Distance Tape Measuring Tool - GLM400C )
hint.. they are much less pricey on eBay.

I did verify the scope tracking today. There is a tool in Strelok pro to do that. Click value validation it's called. Put up a target in my yard at 50yards with a grid pattern on it. Put my gun vise on a table and centered the crosshairs on the target. Dialed up and down 10MOA and I got 5¼" of movement of the crosshairs in either direction for a 10.5" total. Says .251" per click. So it is not the scope. Not gonna worry about it anymore, because I'm running out of time. I'm just gonna record my actual moa adjustment to get on target and go with that.

I did verify the scope tracking today. There is a tool in Strelok pro to do that. Click value validation it's called. Put up a target in my yard at 50yards with a grid pattern on it. Put my gun vise on a table and centered the crosshairs on the target. Dialed up and down 10MOA and I got 5¼" of movement of the crosshairs in either direction for a 10.5" total. Says .251" per click. So it is not the scope. Not gonna worry about it anymore, because I'm running out of time. I'm just gonna record my actual moa adjustment to get on target and go with that.
Looking forward to several contributors to this thread issuing apologies to Nikon 😃

Dialed up and down 10MOA and I got 5¼" of movement of the crosshairs in either direction for a 10.5" total. Says .251" per click. So it is not the scope.
Just so you know, you did not dial 10moa.
4clicks per MOA is .262" at 100yds per click. 4clicks per IPHY is of course .250" per click.
Your click value is not in MOA nor true IPHY.
This can matter with greater distance where you're dialing 30-40, or more clicks.
And the error/generalization adds up more than commonly thought.

As I mentioned earlier, very few scope makers put out scopes that actually adjust per their merchandising.