Balistic Problems

agdavis

I have some questions but first a little info. I purchased a lot of Hornady 150gr .308 SST bullets for reloading in my 30-06. I also bought some of the 30-106 Superformance ammo because I am just getting started with reloading and long range shooting.
Question 1, When using the GSeven ballistic calculator I noticed that the factory load data that the calculator has says that the BC of that Superformance ammo is quite a bit different then what the bullet is advertised at ( Hornady advertises .415 and GSeven says .37, both values G1). So which do you think would be better to go with?
Question 2, I also have noticed that there is a G7 ballistic coefficient value and was wondering where I could look up different bullet values if the manufacture dose not list them, like Hornady.
Question 3, this is the last , :rolleyes:, When I make my ballistic tables I plan on shooting targets at different ranges and comparing the results. Now I have a chronograph I plan on using, what should I adjust to get better drop data if I need to make a correction. For example, Gunwerks has a video on there youtube channel where they adjust the muzzle velocity to correct for drop. But I was thinking about adjusting the B.C. since I have a chronograph. My only problem with that is I think this will throw off my windage corrections.

Wow that was a lot of typing...
Any thoughts about my questions???gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.