Badger Ordnance detachable magazine - info?

EXPRESS

I am looking at the Badger detachable magazine and floor plate after hearing that the others on the market are not all that great.
Some are said to rattle, others are said to be very "tinny" others have feeding issues...

Does anyone have experience with the Badger Ordnance version?

From the picture on their website, I wasn't able to figure out how the mag release works, whether it folds up or down or acts as part of the locking mechanism for the magazine.

Also, will it accomodate long COL reloads?

Thanks-

sorry - forgot to add that it's a .300 win mag project rifle.

The stock won't be here from McMillan until January but I am expecting the barrel from Shilen around the end of the month.

In the mean time the rifle will be sitting in it's factory stock and should I decide on an aftermarket magazine/floor plate I suppose the best thing to do would be to have it sent to McMillan for proper inletting rather getting sent to me immediately to check feeding issues with the gunsmith. Correct?

I have that system in the short action, it works perfectly, quiet, solid, beautiful fit, the big stem is simply the release. Not sure about overall length, if you sent Marty an e-mail he would give you that very quickly.
Typical Badger quality and reliability.

Thanks Ian, can you please just clear up the release for me...
I see a lever sticking straight down, I take it that is not the possition it rest in when the clip is in place, correct?
Which way does it fold and how to you use it to release the magazine?
I am not at all familiar with that kind of mag release.

That lever does not move, other than it releases the mag downward. It is oversized for tactical use, not pretty but it works. That is the position it is always in. You just press it and down goes the mag. He sells five and ten shot mags in .308 cal. Not sure about the bigger ones.

I've been corresponding with Wyatt's outdoors,the makers of the large magazine boxes,and they will be offering a new detachable magazine system of their own ( built by Dave Kiff) in about a month.It is designed to hold 7 rounds of 338 Lapua.I've asked them what the OAL cartridge they will take,but haven't heard back yet.I'm hoping this system will work will with the 338 Edge I'm having Shawn Carlock build next month.

I just got a reply from Wyatt's.Their mags will hold a cartridge with a 3.8" OAL.SHould be perfect for big cases like the Lapua and RUM's.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.