Bad camera angles on YouTube videos

Angle is very important here. I have shot a steep downhill shot and the perspective of behind the target is different. Behind the target becomes "below" or the ground depending on the angle. If it was a horizontal shot, the bighorn shot may not have presented the same way to the shooter.

I am not saying it was good or bad, just pointing out that what's behind the target is relative to the shot angle.

1.....Definitely a right to left shot....I think I would have passed at that moment
for a little more clearance between the critters.....
2.....don't know that shot was LR...

A deer shot "perfectly" behind shoulder at 257yds last year...looked more broadside....
bullet busted ribs behind front shoulder...then deflected up and forward...into the mid neck area and tried to come out the same side it went in.....neck was shattered...
down but not dead...had to finish off.......
Things happen.....that's hunting....
You are responsible for your own bullet.....your own conscious....

Not my buisness to call out someone for taking a shot I wouldn't take. If I was with them I might comment but the person pulling the trigger owns where the bullet ends up. My son shot an Aoudad with a 300 wm at 282 yards in February. The bullet hit the knuckle, turned right and came out his neck. Had another sheep been standing in front of him it would have hit another one but that's not what happened. No harm no foul. Only took 10 steps and face planted. I told him to take the shot. Who would have thought a bullet was going to make a 90 degree turn? I believe they don't want ethics discussed in threads is everyone's ethics are different. It would lead to 6.5 cm or a bullet thread type **** show.
20230208_174450.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like he threaded the needle and snuck one right into the money with that shot. Job well done sir. Probably a once in a lifetime hunt and a feller would likely put in a little extra range time to make that perfect shot when the opportunity presented itself. Interesting how we place a judgment of ethics on someone and all we know about him is he has a great sheep and a taxidermy bill.

Looks like he threaded the needle and snuck one right into the money with that shot. Job well done sir. Probably a once in a lifetime hunt and a feller would likely put in a little extra range time to make that perfect shot when the opportunity presented itself. Interesting how we place a judgment of ethics on someone and all we know about him is he has a great sheep and a taxidermy bill.
I am pretty sure a few of the guys from that channel are felons now for poaching.

I have seen many of these celebrity/YouTube hunters taking very irresponsible shots. I have also recently seen a video of a hunter killing a baby animal behind the adult. I don't know why there hasn't been more voices about this. Seems like these long range shots and hunting practices are getting more and more unethical.
Some did voice out and got chastised or banned.

Not a shot I would've been comfortable taking on that ram from that camera angle, but I wasn't there, and the ewe didn't appear to be hit. Where's the video of the pass through hitting "babies?"

Not my buisness to call out someone for taking a shot I wouldn't take. If I was with them I might comment but the person pulling the trigger owns where the bullet ends up. My son shot an Aoudad with a 300 wm at 282 yards in February. The bullet hit the knuckle, turned right and came out his neck. Had another sheep been standing in front of him it would have hit another one but that's not what happened. No harm no foul. Only took 10 steps and face planted. I told him to take the shot. Who would have thought a bullet was going to make a 90 degree turn? I believe they don't want ethics discussed in threads is everyone's ethics are different. It would lead to 6.5 cm or a bullet thread type **** show.View attachment 472038
Those are cool critters.