Backpack also holds long range rifle.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by joseph, Mar 28, 2010.

1. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

Who sells an inexpensive combo backpack that will hold a long range scoped rifle? Anyone used one and what did you like and disliked about them.

joseph

2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I've got an eberlestock gunslinger and I like it a lot. It held an entire quartered and deboned antelope last fall. It held the gun snugly, and is very adjustable. The quality is great and it seems like I'll be using it for years to come!

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I use and sell the Gunslinger

I love it, always wanted a pack that would handle a heavy rifle, this one does it easily.

4. moombaskier

moombaskier Well-Known Member

+1 on the Gunslinger. My 700 with a 6-24x50 and a bi-pod fit real nice.

5. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Not sure you're going to find something cheap. Most folks go with either the pack man. mentioned above or with Kifaru. The Kifaru carries the gun up front for nearly instant access--faster than a gun slung on your shoulder. Check out the Long Hunter Hauler and it's various configurations--custom sized to you.

As a cheaper alternative, the part of the Kifaru pack that holds the gun is called the 'Gunslinger' and it can (at least was) purchased on it's own and adapted to use on many existing packs. Might call 'em.

Good luck,

Jon

6. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

I have a Badlands 2200 that has a rifle carrier on the back. It folds out from a zippered pouch in the bottom. It's a very, very comfortable pack.

7. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

What is the exact model name you have??? There are so many different ones I can not figure out which one has the rifle scabbard.

joseph

8. esshup

esshup Well-Known Member

I have the J107 and like it. It feels heavy when you pick it up, but I don't notice the weight at all when I have the backpack on.