backpack for carrying a long rifle

timeless61

who makes a backpack that will carry a long rifle, 34" barrel plus brake, 56" total length, does anything eberlestock make work? or would my best bet be a 60" drag bag? thanks

I use a Stryker 60" drag bag. Mine has a 32" barrel and is 54" long.

I got mine from LG-Outdoors for $116. With a dealer account Grafs has them for $108.

S8001327.jpg

Eberlestock packs are awsome, I havent had too many packs but I dont see myself getting another anytime soon. I have the J107 dragonfly, but I dont think that It would handle a 60" rifle (but others will).

thanks for the responses, what other ones besides the gunslinger 2 will work? or is that it for the eberlestock?

Kifaru LongHunter Hauler

LongHunter Hauler

Custom sized to you and the gun rides comfortably in the the "Gun Bearer" (more pics on site) on your front side for much greater control while on the move and it's faster to asccess your rifle than if it was slung on your shoulder, although some here apparently have no concern about that as I've been told in the past--to each his own.

I've used this pack for years and hauled a few critters out of the mtns. on it. The roots of this pack come from a technical mountaineering pack background and it shows. Patrick Smith owned the well reputed "MountainSmith" brand pf packs before starting Kifaru. The pack is lightweight, very versatile and is the most comfortable pack I've worn packing loads over 100lbs.

Currently pack a 13lb. 52" long rifle in it just fine and have little doubt a 56" rifle would have trouble as the system is very adaptable. The Gun Bearer is quite adjustable to different size guns/lenths.

Check it out and give Patrick a call. He likes to talk about his stuff. I talked with him a couple of times before and after I purchased mine.

You can by the 'packbag' and attach/detach it to go from a daypack/meathauler to hauling in/out camp. I made my own packbag for it to give a total capacity of 8000 cubic inches.

Here my M3 Operator from Eberlestock. This bag has the wide scabbard and allows a butt first position. I found to much top heavy slop carrying the gun barrel in first. this is a great pack.

P7191260_edited-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.