Backorders

Ivorytips

I have tried watching the threads for various items and trying to work, and frustrated with the email notifications. I put a few backorders in early last year and happened to get some calls in the last few weeks. So if your frustrated by the day to day hassle of scanning the web, find the few sites that take back orders. I am here to tell you it works, but it can be a long wait.
Another option is to find small.shops within a couple of hours drive and make some calls. They often take backordrs as well.
Recently I have gotten powder, and projectiles. Fortunately for me I happen to have reasonable amount of primers and brass.

They do come through eventually, and it's nice when they do.

A dozen different online stores have a dozen or more powders in stock daily lately. It might not be the best, most ideal, magical unicorn pixie dust RL26 or Retumbo, but the last two or so years of only being able to consistently source what essentially used to be leftovers has made me a better loader by getting me out of the box on some things.

I've found some new combinations that I might not give up on when the kegs are back to sitting on the shelves.

Sitting back and waiting on a few back orders from Brownells as I write this. This happens to be on Redding dies and bushings. It is definitely frustrating to watch for in stock notifications. I generally receive notifications faster on this forum than from the suppliers.
I purchased my last handful of bushings off Amazon, just an idea. Only place I could find them as I was in need.

I can't find powder for my 300 PRC build so if anyone has a clue on where I can find or places that accepts back order for powders I woukd appreciate it. The folks on Gunbroker selling for 2-3 times retail is frustrating.

I can't find powder for my 300 PRC build so if anyone has a clue on where I can find or places that accepts back order for powders I woukd appreciate it. The folks on Gunbroker selling for 2-3 times retail is frustrating.
Which powders are you looking for

Sounds like you are getting a custom rifle, I would seek their suggestion on powder. But the best luck I have had for backorders is calling some of the major distributors. I would first Google search your local area for stores, upto a couple hours away. Call them, that will be your best bet. I got a keg of Retumbo from a local reloading store, 2.5 hours away and it was about a 4 or 5 month wait. The big companies have long lists of people. Some of the big companies say no backorders online, but when you call em they will take a backorder.

Sitting back and waiting on a few back orders from Brownells as I write this. This happens to be on Redding dies and bushings. It is definitely frustrating to watch for in stock notifications. I generally receive notifications faster on this forum than from the suppliers.
I am in the same boat, and with others too. Redding dies and bushing seem to be hard to come by. I think everybody are switching to bushing dies. I see that RCBS have bushing dies now. That doesn't mean I would catch that right off or just when they came out with them.
The only thing is, if you are allow to back order. It will come in whether or not you still want it. Graf & Son will send an email that the product is in and do you still want it. Brownell if order, it's seem you can't back out even months of waiting. Good and Bad. I still have lots of items on backorder. It seem to me it's a waiting game.