When did you backorder your 8# Varget?

Ludicrous

1-25-2013 backordered my 8# Varget (Brownells) still waiting...anniversary coming up soon!

How about you all?

(I have picked up some 1# ers here and there the last year)

Yikes! I've been looking for some locally all year and have not seen even 1# since last December :( Only thing harder to find than bulk .22

I was at Bruno Shooter Supply this morning picking up dies I ordered in July, saw Varget there. Shipping costs are a bitch, but at least you would have some. Happy the dies came in so soon. Good luck

I dont backorder any reloading components. I'll wait till the dealer has it.....until that time if I run out I'll shift to some other powder

Have to ask where you backordered it ? You do realize that many businesses canceled all backorders during the crisis ? Powder Valley canceled my backorders, they never even got billed to my credit card at all.

Brownells. Back ordered both Varget and 8# Retumbo on the same order. Took about six months to get the Retumbo. The Varget still shows as a pending backorder on my account.

Brownells. Back ordered both Varget and 8# Retumbo on the same order. Took about six months to get the Retumbo. The Varget still shows as a pending backorder on my account.

I had ordered 8# of Varget thru our local Scheels sporting goods a little over 3 weeks to get and the price not the worst $172.47 including tax..

Powder is turning into an expensive commodity with greedy dealers. Not all but some, dealers that is.

Westcliffe, I have 14 pounds of Varget and 16 pounds of H1000 if you want some....

I can't seem to find data on loading the 6.5 creedmoor with 140 gr Berger VLDS or the new Barnes 127 gr LRX. I have H4350 and RL19. Can someone give me some min-max data on these or point me in the right direction?
Thnaks in advance.

Come on old man, you ain't that desperate.... Thats one helluva drive from Cincy to here.

BTW, I had a PM asking me if I 'sold' powder when all I did was let Westcliffe know I had some. He's my neighbor sort of, about 30 miles west.

The thing that really frys my eggs (I put it nicely) is the gouging by some dealers, taking advantage of a situation kind of like the aftermath of the Sandy Hook fiasco when the price of AR's and AK's went to the stratosphere.

Like you, I'm older and I remember who is doing the gouging and they can all KMA and don't tell me it's salty because I had a shower this morning....:D

I'd make a list but Len would spank me, however, I believe we all know who is doing the sticking....:)

I like Wideners more for their Class 3 firearms. I've bought some really nice C&R eligible handguns and rifles there.

They are a bit more touchy (paper trail wise) than most retailers but thats because they sell FFL required guns.

The website is tough to navigate but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

At least they are very fair on pricing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.