Atacr vs kahles

1st- Do not get a reticle in MOA and have turrets in MIL, that is counter productive, and a total waste of money.

2- Nightforce ATACR, BEAST and NXS have the same glass. That was confirmed by nightforce.

3- At the price points you are looking at, glass is almost a non issue, every scope at this price is an 8,9,10 on the scope scale. You are looking at features, warranties and reticle differences.

That being said, both are phenomenal scopes and more than worth the money. Find the reticle, features and dialing system you want and Send It!

Also, check out the high end scope comparison on precision rifle blog .Com. it's a very in depth test between 18 scopes all priced above $1500. It's the most fair test I've ever seen, but remember, don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Check the scopes out for yourself.

The Kahles was the 3rd best scope he tested behind the Beast and the Schmidt and Bender. At the time of his testing he didn't have an ATACR F1.

And he didn't have the 2015 model K624i either.

Also, check out the high end scope comparison on precision rifle blog .Com. it's a very in depth test between 18 scopes all priced above $1500. It's the most fair test I've ever seen, but remember, don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Check the scopes out for yourself.

The Kahles was the 3rd best scope he tested behind the Beast and the Schmidt and Bender. At the time of his testing he didn't have an ATACR F1.

I believe you're right. I forgot that. Thanks.

That's why I said he needs to check them out for himself. It will at least give him a very detailed layout of each scopes features and reticle.

Judging by what the OP has written he doesn't have a great knowledge on either scope. Otherwise he wouldn't be asking us for info.

Well sorry no update on my decision not that anyone was holding their breath, lol

i was ready to get the nfs 5.5-22x56 in mils for about 2K. then i noticed that midway use had the ATACR 5-25 Enhanced on clearance in mils!, for 2150! so i figured for the the extra 150$ i get the better glass, more mag range. i know its sfp but i can't justify spending another 700$ for kahels 624i or the ATACR 5-25 F1.

so i got scope yesterday and rings today and mounted it tonight.

shooting tomorrow to sight it in!! can't wait!! it is a little heavy and a little big on my 270wsm but may not be long before i upgrade to 300 winn mag.

only problem i have is weather i sell my swear or not, if i can i may keep it for home use where never shoot at deer over 200 yards nothing like out west.

thanks for all the replies and input, tough decision on may part but so far i think i made the right one.

Question for Gebhart02, on the 2015 scope is the elevation knob and the parallax know in mils? I was reading a review and that is what I saw. Please correct me if that is wrong because if that is correct it was a deterrent to me owning one.

Let me try to ask the correct question one more time. If the elevation knob is in MOA is the parallax knob in yards. The review I read appeared to be talking about MOA but a picture showed the parallax in Meters. Sorry for my confusion expressed in the first 2 attempts at this question.

Thanks for the question. The elevation and windage turrets come in either mils or MOA with reticles to match. The parallax is marked in meters, but this isn't an issue at all if you range objects in yards. Here is why; the parallax is extremely forgiving due to the manufacturing of the scope body and the optical design.

Everybody I've spoken with that has used one of these scopes has told me that past about 300 yards/meters, the parallax doesn't need to be messed with nearly as much as any other scope, and the numbers are actually correct and doesn't change with the temperature. The depth of field on the scope is quite large and while the parallax is indeed working as it should, target clarity is easily achieved even if the number isn't exactly spot on.

This is part of what makes this Kahles scope excellent, you don't need to fiddle with the parallax as much as you might otherwise do. In competition, PRS stuff, if I have a target array that spans from 300 out to about 700 yards, I'll just set the parallax for the middle distance and not even mess with it, and I'm getting my hits. Even while hunting the open spaces of MT, I set my parallax for 300 yards and only mess with it if I use my scope to get a better view of an animal that is way out there. Recently I was hunting with a good friend and we saw some elk at what we guess was close to 3000. My 10X45 LRF bino maxed out at around 1600 and that was to a point about half way to the elk. I was still able to see the spikes on the little bull at that distance when he turned his head. Parallax was adjusted for best target resolution for that distance. When we got up to move I put it back to 300.

I hope this helps answer your question. Even though technically the markings are for meters, that shouldn't be a concern, the numbers will line up right where you expect them to.

Geb

i just got a kahles 312I to put on a 22-250 for pounding fur. Is it way more than I need for shooting coyotes and cats. absolutely. do I regret it. Not at all. if you can afford good glass, why not go for it. overkill or not.

I don't want to highjack anyone's post but looks like this one has been idle for a couple month. I too am looking at NF or Kahles but my concerns is more geared around warranty. Anyone ever have a need to exercise the Kahles warranty? What is the warranty? I do understand it must he shipped back for any warranty claims so what is the turn around time?
Thanks

Thank you for your interest in Kahles! For warranty work, it depends on the nature of the problem. We do have some servicing capability here in the U.S. but major internal work will have to be sent to Austria. Even considering that, our average turn around time is about 4 weeks. That is from your door back to your door. That's actually pretty quick considering the trip and Kahles has been super great in taking care of the U.S. customers. Let me know if you have any other questions, we are here to help. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.