Atacr vs kahles

according to reviews no, but I dont have one, considered one and would like one from what Ive seen

If we can be of any help answering any questions on Kahles, just send a PM. We feel that the Kahles rifle scopes hold nothing back and are second to no other optic currently being produced. The 2015 K624i is now getting 95.2% light transmission, which is huge! And we also have outstandingly good resolution to go along with it. We know you'll be impressed with the Kahles if you decide to go with that choice, it is truly an amazing rifle scope.

95.2% ???? I would question that.... S&B, NF, Ziess, aren't even at 91%.... if memory serves anything over 90% is EXCELLENT.

I may be wrong but can you tell me where you got those stats?

according to reviews no, but I dont have one, considered one and would like one from what Ive seen

I've read some reviewers had some an others didn't. I don't know if it's that some don't notice it or if the QC is inconsistent.

If we can be of any help answering any questions on Kahles, just send a PM. We feel that the Kahles rifle scopes hold nothing back and are second to no other optic currently being produced. The 2015 K624i is now getting 95.2% light transmission, which is huge! And we also have outstandingly good resolution to go along with it. We know you'll be impressed with the Kahles if you decide to go with that choice, it is truly an amazing rifle scope.

I have a Gen3 Kahles 624i with a SKMR2 reticle and will second the amazing low light capabilities of the scope. For LR, low light hunting applications this would be an excellent choice.

95.2% ???? I would question that.... S&B, NF, Ziess, aren't even at 91%.... if memory serves anything over 90% is EXCELLENT.

I may be wrong but can you tell me where you got those stats?

Sure no problem. Those numbers were given after independent testing at the Saab military testing facility. Resolution was also shown to be exceptional, and the reports back from actual users confirms them. Thank you for asking.

Sure no problem. Those numbers were given after independent testing at the Saab military testing facility. Resolution was also shown to be exceptional, and the reports back from actual users confirms them. Thank you for asking.

How much improvement in glass between Gen 1, 2, and now 3 for the 624i? Looks to be about 700$ diff in price between gen 1 and 3 now so ....

How much improvement in glass between Gen 1, 2, and now 3 for the 624i? Looks to be about 700$ diff in price between gen 1 and 3 now so ....

From the first Gen K624i to the 2015 model, there is substantial improvement that most people have noticed. Between the Gen 2 and 2015 model, there is a slight amount of improvement that some people can discern while others think the difference is very minimal. What I'm getting at is that amount of difference can be a bit subjective depending on the person.

The price on the scopes has actually remained the same, the first gen versions started out priced at $2990 MSRP in 2012. The reason for the price difference as you noted was a simple matter of getting the Gen 2 models out to our dealers at a better price to the customers, so we had room in the warehouse for the 2015 models. If you are looking for the very best and latest version, the 2015 is the ticket. If you are trying to get into a very high end optic at the best price possible, one of the discounted price Gen 2 versions would suite you well. The 2015 model however is the only one with the new SKMR and MOAK reticles.

I hope that helps.

From the first Gen K624i to the 2015 model, there is substantial improvement that most people have noticed. Between the Gen 2 and 2015 model, there is a slight amount of improvement that some people can discern while others think the difference is very minimal. What I'm getting at is that amount of difference can be a bit subjective depending on the person.

The price on the scopes has actually remained the same, the first gen versions started out priced at $2990 MSRP in 2012. The reason for the price difference as you noted was a simple matter of getting the Gen 2 models out to our dealers at a better price to the customers, so we had room in the warehouse for the 2015 models. If you are looking for the very best and latest version, the 2015 is the ticket. If you are trying to get into a very high end optic at the best price possible, one of the discounted price Gen 2 versions would suite you well. The 2015 model however is the only one with the new SKMR and MOAK reticles.

I hope that helps.

Do the Gen 3 scopes typically have CA? The Gen3 scope I just sent to Orofino has CA which gives an uncomfortable blur sensation in my eyes.

Don't forget that you can always use 10-20 moa rings or rail to allow you to dial out further with your current scope after modifying.

I have an ATACR SFP and it is a very nice scope, I just wish the reticle was a little thinner. Top quality otherwise and brilliant in low light.

I just put a Gen 3 on my buddy's rifle and it is a phenomenal piece of glass. he first wanted the ATACR but we couldn't find one in MOA, been looking for the last 5 months and everyone was backordered. I told him about the KAHLES and he said ok. It has some very nice features too,not to mention its lighter. I just need to know if they make a sun shade for it, I couldn't find one on the website and my buddy is asking for one.

Yes, sunshades are available as well as Tenebraex flip up covers and an ARD. Any of the Kahles dealers should be able to get him what he needs. If you have problems, send me a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.