Arken optics?

I like mine with the exception of the size of the "Beer can" Turrets. The turrets are functional but they're so big they get hung up when being packed or carried. The elevation turret screws came loose on me twice and I've since added some light thread locker which has resolved the issue. Tracking is good, glass is good. It's a great value oriented scope packed with features.

I like mine with the exception of the size of the "Beer can" Turrets. The turrets are functional but they're so big they get hung up when being packed or carried. The elevation turret screws came loose on me twice and I've since added some light thread locker which has resolved the issue. Tracking is good, glass is good. It's a great value oriented scope packed with features.
Were those issues with the gen 1 or the new version? If gen 1 does anyone know if this has been addressed with the new turret design?

Just ordered and received the scope caps and the low scope rings from Arken.
The medium rings put the scope a bit high but the low rings ar so low I can't get the scope to shoot point of aim at 100 yards with the lowest setting on the turrent.I had to loosen the zero stop screw to get as low as I did but put the medium rings back on the the rifle and will re-sight it in soon.
No probems with the scope.

Just installed my 6x24 SH-4 gen 2 and for the $350 don't think anything else can touch it. I wish I would have had something like this for all my prairie dog shoots. Nikons and leupolds were all I was familiar with until this. I have not zeroed the scope yet so my evaluation is just that. Would I want it for white tail hunting in GA? No. Its too heavy and bulky. Would I want it on my target rifle? Absolutely. It seems to be incredibly well built. Customer service is second to none. Made in the USA? Assembled in the USA? Cant answer that but Im guessing not.

Attachments

• DSCF3894 (800x450).jpg
    DSCF3894 (800x450).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95
Just installed my 6x24 SH-4 gen 2 and for the $350 don't think anything else can touch it. I wish I would have had something like this for all my prairie dog shoots. Nikons and leupolds were all I was familiar with until this. I have not zeroed the scope yet so my evaluation is just that. Would I want it for white tail hunting in GA? No. Its too heavy and bulky. Would I want it on my target rifle? Absolutely. It seems to be incredibly well built. Customer service is second to none. Made in the USA? Assembled in the USA? Cant answer that but Im guessing not.
I have used the scope and am pleased with it. Tracking seems to be perfect. Zero stop and adjust are just as advertised, nearly perfect. Very clear in bright sun. My only complaint is the parallax adjust, there were 3 new sh4 gen2s on the firing line. One of them 100 yards was correct on the parallax. The other 2, 300 was needed for 100. Parallax Numbers were meaningless on 2 of the scopes. One of the scopes, the focus ring was nearly impossible to adjust but the heat of the day helped that. There were also two $2000 scopes there, the parallax and focus ring worked correctly on them. Other than that I preferred the arken. $350,,,,$2000