Arizona Hunting

Whitewolf393

Fellow hunters,

Is there anyone here from the Phoenix, AZ area? I'll be there for a week in January or February and I was curious as to how the hunting around the area was. I'd like to do some while I'm out there.

Any info is much appreciated, as always.

-WW

WHITEWOLF- i lived in phx for 40 years. if you like to hunt javelina the season is in feb. . you have to get drawn and the time to put in for that hunt is in october. there is an archery season in jan. and also a handgun/archery /muzzleloader hunt for javelina. there is also an archery deer season in january. what did you want to hunt do you hunt coyotes? open year round. ron

WHITE- I have called in a lot of coyotes. it is not as easy as it was 20 years ago. january i would say is best; then dec; then feb. . they are plentiful and smart. it is a great time of year to be in the desert. calling in the morning and evening and hunting rabbits and quail from 10 to 3. if it snows or is cold the calling is better. ron

Ronin,

I'd say probably January I'll be there. I've never hunted coyote before but I plan to get some time in before then this fall, and I'd look forward to taking down some yotes in the desert.

Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and leave me your contact info for this winter, if you don't mind. It'd be good to know someone out that way for a hunting hookup.Thanks!

-Warren

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.