Are VxIII's suitible for long range?

Re: Are VxIII\'s suitible for long range?

Boy u guys are lucky. We have probably 25+ variX - III's in my family, and none of them adjust worth dog doodoo.....My dads Tasco World Class adjusts and tracks better than they do, even though the glass is almost worthless....

Originally all i shot was leupold. In the beginning I used a Vari X II 6-18x50mm with trgt knobs and it adjusted pretty well but would usually be .5" off when returning to zero. After this i bought only VXIII and i never really noticed any of these problems again. Now mostly i only shoot NF and it is never a prob.

The new VX III's dont seem to have the same issues the older scopes had.

good luck
steve

I think some of the original Vari-x3's had some issues....I have a 4.5-14x 50 w/ A/O vari-xIII that I always have to go about 4 minutes over what I want and then dial back down. Most of the time it will return to zero, but not always. Leupold has rebuilt it several times, still the same. I have 2 new VXIII's that I dial anywhere I want and they always comes back to zero. The rifle my nighforce will be going on is not quite finished yet, so I don't have any experience with it.....sure it will be fine though.

I have never had a problem with tracking on a Leupold on any of my rifles. Check the thread on 1203 Elk shot that I shot with GG's .338 Thunder It is wearing a 6.5x20 Leupold.Works for me!!

I got a Vari-x III back in 1985 and it isn't repeatable. Since it isn't a target scope I never thought it was necessary. Hunting scopes are usually set once and left alone. Maybe they are better now.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts