price range for long range rifle

im in really really good shape and intend to score like 285 or 290 on my pft. i know all of the things that go into becomeing a sniper i read it like every day and im almost bored cuz ive read all the articals online so i know what it takes i just need equiptment. the guy i will be training with was a usmc sniper and im shure he will teach me acordingly....im not disreguarding you advice but i dont really need to know about fittness i need to know about rifles and optics.

passing the pt test isnt squat.your gonna need endurance and alot of it,doing some pushups or being able to run 2 miles isnt gonna cut it.i started out in recon and if you cant get to where yer going all the pt tests arnt going to do any good.also its not just your body but your mind must be intune to.you need the attitude you can not only max the pt test but go beyond.listen to these guys they aint just killing time talking to you.goodluck and do good

I'm a SFC in the Army; my older brother is a RET USMC sniper/instructor. What I can tell you is that you will never get into sniper school if you can't shoot your M16 out to 500y. If you can't shoot expert at the range every time they will select the Marine that can. So I would spend my money on a nice AR. The two main reasons Marines fail this course is stalking and ranging unknown distance. Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.