Are my feelers too sensative?

Some of what he says could have come out of my mouth... I am using mostly cup and core bullets, with a few bonded pills in the mix for good measure in rifles that can use them to keep some sense of bullet integrity. Do I shoot monolithic bullets, yes, but only in my 375h@h. I have seen rather poor terminal results in mono bullets unless bone is hit to incapacitate, so I will not generally use them in smaller bullet diameters. I have some loaded for my 270 also, but those are mostly to ensure I also have ammo for a smaller rifle in case the anti's get lead banned. I also have some Barnes mrx loaded for my 270, as they are lead free also. I do not have the accuracy issues he mulls about, but that is more a factory ammo in marginal rifle issue, and is going away quickly (or gone) with some of the better rifle designs out there.
As to his response being a bit off topic, yes it is, but most people are using bullets that are at least sufficiently stable for accuracy. If they aren't using heavy for caliber bullets (those of us in the lr game are still the only ones going as heavy as we can in bullet weight) they really do not get anywhere near marginal stability, so they really are rather over spun. The question of bullet stability in killing becomes rather a non issue then.
It was certainly a bit negative of a response, and he as much admits it.
I wouldn't let the response get to you; put out a pill that kills well and flies true, and call it a day.
It was irritating to me mostly because it was unsolicited. The fact that pretty much everything that he stated linking to us as manufactures to his opinion was factually inaccurate, did not help.

Stability factor and how it relates to terminal performance is a subject that needs to be looked at in depth. It is a significant factor in how well our hunting experience will be. There is little or no awareness in the shooting world about this. It is particularly important to the long range crowd as we are the ones pushing longer bullets for the bc and often sacrifice stability factor to do so.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.