Way too much time on my hands this evening - made a RN ACI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Aug 26, 2005.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Was dinkin' around and got an idea which is usually not good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Made the below gizmo attached to a tripod. It only has to last one morning for a bit of a scouting expedition.

The only bad thing is that there is no duct tape on it. Guess I'm coming up in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, note the calibration! Spot on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Come on gimme a break!
    [​IMG]

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Rube Goldberg is alive and well and living in Idaho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

IIIII liiiiikke It /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keep on thinking man , we'll be sending you the big bucks before you know it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

p.s. Did it work ?

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]
    p.s. Did it work ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it works! How well in the field we'll see. An improvement would have been sending the spotter off to get a retical so I could clearly define the center.

But that would have broken the Rube Goldberg tradition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Plus it wooda cost money. That BT makes a way cool pointer, huh" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll report from next weekends field trip.

5. Bob S.

Bob S. Well-Known Member

See what happens when you dink around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was dinking around and made a tool for determining OAL.