Are Boyds At One stocks any good?

I usually Do my own glass bedding but was sick when my Boyd's stock came in. A friend who is a professional gunsmith smoothed out the channel and glass bedded my barreled action. It works and feels beautiful. Also, a shooter.
I'm not recommending them for a $1500 action & 800-1200 barrel, but if your willing & able to glass bed and swap out the usually sorry factory triggers for a $150 Timney it can be a nice upgrade to a factory rifle. I wouldn't put a factory rifle into a $1000 - $1500 Manner's or McMillan. I have both and my 2 Manners EH1A have gone up from ~ $850 to ~ $1200. Though, as always, each to their own. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Was looking at them and they seem to be quite adjustable.Just wondering if any one has any experience with them good,bad or otherwise.Thanks ahead,Huntz
Yep, they are very good, I've had a few over the years they always worked out for me

I have a Boyd's stock on what I refer to as my "truck gun". It is a Tikka T3X in .243 Win with a stainless steel barrel. I'm a fairly big guy and need a 14 1/2" pull. I got one with the thumb hole and everything fit perfectly and made a huge difference in how the rifle performed. Not sure I would recommend a Boyd's stock for a custom/precision rifle in the $2500+ range but for the production hunting rifle it is a great value and is something you can take into the field and not worry about getting it scratched and dinged up since the cost is reasonable.

I bought one to replace the factory overmolded stock on my Browning 223 WSSM. It is much better than that cheap oversmold. I think they look good and function well for the money.
20210420_133431.jpg

I've a 788 in .223 Rem that I've designated as the "starter rifle" that I put in an AT-One. The idea being that I can adjust it to fit whomever is shooting their first center-fire rifle. I considered knocking the sharp edges off of it, but haven't yet because I didn't want to refinish the stock. Time will tell if it needs to be done or not.
I have 5 Boyd's stocks on 4 rifles and have never had a problem with them delivering exactly what I ordered. I did screw up one of those stocks and had to replace it, but that happened long after it left Boyd's facility.

Dragoon300, that is an interesting assembly to hold the Magneto-Speed. Purchased, or did you build it?

I've a 788 in .223 Rem that I've designated as the "starter rifle" that I put in an AT-One. The idea being that I can adjust it to fit whomever is shooting their first center-fire rifle. I considered knocking the sharp edges off of it, but haven't yet because I didn't want to refinish the stock. Time will tell if it needs to be done or not.
I have 5 Boyd's stocks on 4 rifles and have never had a problem with them delivering exactly what I ordered. I did screw up one of those stocks and had to replace it, but that happened long after it left Boyd's facility.

Dragoon300, that is an interesting assembly to hold the Magneto-Speed. Purchased, or did you build it?
I designed and built it. Built one prior to this just for my SRS, but decided to design one that fits everything, and so far it has. I can make rapid adjustments for different guns,with or without Supressors. Another goal was to make it packable, so it folds to the length of the MS bayonet when disassembled and packed in a pouch. I really love the way is has worked for me.

I've had several without any major problems at all. I have never found Boyds to be a perfect drop in and always required some minor fitting. I've bedded and not bedded. Pillars are worth the extra $$ and even then require some finishing to fit. Boyd makes no bones about it and I guess you need to determine what "minor fitting" means to you.

I plugged in 700SA with bull barrel and this is part of the description.
"ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: Inlet for the factory varmint contour barrel channel. This stock is designed for the Remington 700 Right Hand Short Action with hinged floor plate. All finished parts have been CNC inlet to Boyds' House Action. Variations may exist from firearm to firearm, minor fitting may be required to get that perfect fit to your firearm."

I bought one last year for my tikka t3x 308.
Pillars were off by about 2cm.
They told me to cut it in half and they sent me another.
The bolt notch was about 3/4 of they way too forward. Cut in half and sent a new one.
Bolt release is too far back, mag well was off angle and the button for the cheek raiser fell out of both sides and no QD bits.
I called and gave them **** so yet another.
No better.

The pillars, bolt handle and release were right. Everything else was kind of close.
I spent an ungodly amount of time with a file and Dremel to make it fit. Had to het shims as the pillars and mag well were set too lot.

Fits and works I guess but living in Canada it was 11 months of f&ckery, 100 in shims and shipping plus customs hit me for another $200.

Aside from crap fitment, I find it very square. Not comfortable to hold for hunting. Fin for the range. I ended up taking TONS of material off all the edges, probably a 2cm/45 degree cut then rounded it. The sharpness of the edges were as if it were a blank.

All in I spent over 600 usd, probably 20h fitting and more than a year to make it usable. in a fit of (drunken) rage after I cut my hand (3 in field stitches, I did fitment with one set of grips and didn't test the ones I took) on the pistol grip insert that never fit right (nor the fore ends, and they said it was fine and wouldn't send me another and I couldn't recess it any further) tossed it in the fire in the 2nd day of an elk hunt.

Boyd's... Never again. I almost started to hate my tikka over the experience.

I bought one last year for my tikka t3x 308.
Pillars were off by about 2cm.
They told me to cut it in half and they sent me another.
The bolt notch was about 3/4 of they way too forward. Cut in half and sent a new one.
Bolt release is too far back, mag well was off angle and the button for the cheek raiser fell out of both sides and no QD bits.
I called and gave them **** so yet another.
No better.

The pillars, bolt handle and release were right. Everything else was kind of close.
I spent an ungodly amount of time with a file and Dremel to make it fit. Had to het shims as the pillars and mag well were set too lot.

Fits and works I guess but living in Canada it was 11 months of f&ckery, 100 in shims and shipping plus customs hit me for another $200.

Aside from crap fitment, I find it very square. Not comfortable to hold for hunting. Fin for the range. I ended up taking TONS of material off all the edges, probably a 2cm/45 degree cut then rounded it. The sharpness of the edges were as if it were a blank.

All in I spent over 600 usd, probably 20h fitting and more than a year to make it usable. in a fit of (drunken) rage after I cut my hand (3 in field stitches, I did fitment with one set of grips and didn't test the ones I took) on the pistol grip insert that never fit right (nor the fore ends, and they said it was fine and wouldn't send me another and I couldn't recess it any further) tossed it in the fire in the 2nd day of an elk hunt.

Boyd's... Never again. I almost started to hate my tikka over the experience.
Bummer the at one was on my short list for a tikka build I am doing