AR10 and reloading

adamsoa

I've got a friend---- with a .308 AR10. I've got the bug for long range shooting/hunting and I'm dragging him along. I've been reading about 208 gn AMAX bullets and RL17 being a great combo for 308's.

I can't find any info about this working or not in an AR platform.

Is this going to work from his gun or do we need to look for something else.

Thanks

Andy

not limited to ar10 magazine length longer bullet = compression . 168 amax, smk or 175 smk Longest bullets highest bc

I've got a friend---- with a .308 AR10. I've got the bug for long range shooting/hunting and I'm dragging him along. I've been reading about 208 gn AMAX bullets and RL17 being a great combo for 308's.

I can't find any info about this working or not in an AR platform.

Is this going to work from his gun or do we need to look for something else.

Thanks

Andy
Get an adjustable gas block!
You'll be glad you did. .

that's going to be a little too big to get any velocity out of it. you will be much more limited with the mag length than out of a bolt gun. I would stick with something in the 168/175g class.

to be honest, out of my 308 AR, I shoot 155g bullets. I would look at those, its not till out around 700-800 yds that my 185s start to take over shot from my bolt gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.