AR-10 bolt

gear head

Regular or low mass JP bolt ? which one do the guys on this forum run in your AR's will be using a JP adjustable gas block 22" to 24" medium contour barrel with muzzle brake 260 or 7-08 cal. Gun will be used for target and long distance hunting 500 to 800 yards.Any info would be a big help, getting ready to buy the bolt carrier.build is on a MEGA MATEN 308 receiver set Thanks.

Post is a bit old so not sure if you got your answer already but I have an LR-308 and use the factory BCG from DPMS. I do run the lightened JP BCGs in my AR15s and I do have one that likes to double and triple with the JP BCG but the others work fine. I have not spent alot of time with the issue but when I slap the DPMS M16 BCG back in the double and triple issue goes away so I assume the lightened JP BCG is outrunning the hammer hook on the CMC trigger.

By the way, my DPMS was a 24 inch heavy barrel. It is now an 18 inch with a medium profile (still has the rifle length gas) and is shoots 1/2 MOA all day long. I am not using an adjustable gas block, I dont see the need on the 308 cause all my loads are moving and the 38lb DPMS BCG absorbs whatever recoil the SJC comp does not diffuse.

Thanks fr the info, i picked up a nickel boron coated match grade bolt for the build and i am using a adjustable gas block to reduce carbon build up in the bolt carrier receiver hosing and also to be able to dial the gun in for different loads that i will be using in the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.