• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED APS Xtreme Sporter 300 Allen Xpress for sale

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
To all,

Finally decided that I need to sell off an old friend. For the past 8 hunting seasons this rifle was by my side as a 7mm Allen Magnum and took 29 head of big game from 450 to 980 yards. Just before last hunting season, it became very clear that the original 7mm AM barrel had decided it was time to retire and it was far overdue. That barrel lasted much longer then I ever thought it would have.

Anyway, I replaced the barrel with a Lilja #4, fluted stainless steel barrel in 30 cal with a 1-10 twist. Chambered it in my 300 Allen Xpress which made the rifle even a bit lighter then it was originally. The rifle shoots extremely well, very packable and hits VERY hard. If someone is looking for a rifle that will do everything from 0 to 1/2 mile (at least) on any game from small deer up to even moose and big bear, this would be a great choice.

While I used this rifle ALOT in the field, it looks **** near brand new. In fact the ONLY area on the rifle that shows any wear is a slight lightening of the bolt handle knob, other then that, everything pretty much looks as if I just finished building the rifle for the first time.

Here are the specs and parts on this rifle:

300 Allen Xpress chambering
Rem 700 (chrome Moly) long action, fully accurized and blueprinted
Bolt spiral fluting
Gre-tan match striker assembly
Badger Ord pinned in extractor
Receiver has been Teflon coated in flat black
Holland comp recoil lug
Lilja Stainless, #4, fluted, 30 cal, 1-10 twist, 26" finish length
Small PK muzzle brake
Bead Blast matte finish on barrel/brake
HS Precision Pro Sporter stock, dark green with black web finish
Skim bedded to receiver, barrel floated
HS Precision 3 round DM system
Jewell trigger with top safety
Leupold 1 piece scope base
Burris Signature series 30mm rings with inserts
Custom APS 300 AX loading die set
roughly 90 formed 300 AX cases
Load development done and proven
Shipping hard case
Shipping with full value insurance to your FFL holder

Total...............................$4500

Including Leupold Mk4 FFP 6.5-20x 50mm TMR reticle and scope level

Total...............................$6000

These prices would be new order prices today. This rifle is in brand new shape, but it is a used rifle so I am going to take off $600 off the total.

So, rifle with dies, brass, base, rings, shipped to your FFL holder $3900

Including Leupold Mk4 and scope level $5400.

The load I developed in this rifle was an ALL AROUND load using the 200 gr Accubond loaded over 107.0 gr RL33 to an overall length of 3.635". Average velocity out of the 26" barrel length is 3420 fps. That's a lot of power out of a short, portable rifle!!!

First come first serve guys.

DSC00799_zps61944e0c.jpg

DSC00801_zps91114fea.jpg

DSC00800_zps9867fb86.jpg

It has been an amazing EVERYTHING rifle. I have packed this thing 30 miles in a single season pronghorn hunting. She has set with me hundreds of mornings and evenings ambush hunting whitetails, has never let me down humpin the hills chasing elk and even took several trips to Canada and saved my guide from a ****ed off bull moose.

Bare rifle weight is around 8 lbs. With the Leupold scope, its pushing 10. As mentioned, I have packed this rifle many, MANY miles hunting pronghorns. Now, that terrain was not all that difficult but I have put on many 5 to 10 mile hikes with this rifle on my shoulder and while you certainly fell the rifle, its not hard to carry, even with a 25 lb pack along for the ride as well.

Some of you may be wondering why I am even selling the rifle, well, to be honest, I have never built MYSELF one of my Raptor Hunter rifles so I decided it was time to pack what I recommend to my customers and the thought of this old friend sitting in the safe doing nothing just did not seem right so want to sell it to someone that will use it as much as I did.

Alright guys, dropping price a bit:

Complete rifle, rail, rings, loading dies, brass, hard case and shipping with full insurance to your FFL...............$3700

All of the above with the addition of a FFP Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x 50mm w/ TMR reticle and scope level......................$5200

Less then 50 including barrel break in. Its a brand new pipe, just broken in and drop chart developed.

Was not much load development needed as I just used my standard load from testing all my other 300 AX customers rifles so not much barrel life wasted on load development and already knowing the drop chart and having it fine tuned as well from other rifles, I simply had to zero the rifle and go test different ranges to confirm drops.

25 rounds for barrel break in and less then that for setting the rifle up.

Again, she is for all intent and purpose a brand new rig.

Decided to keep the scope for the replacement rifle to this one.

Also wanted to let you guys know that I would consider taking 50% payment now and balance due within 2 months so $1850 now would hold rifle. Rifle will not ship until pain in full however.

Drop to $3500 for Rifle, dies, 100 formed brass, shipping hard case, shipping/insurance charge to your FFL holder.

Again, barrel break in done, load development done. Can even get you a drop chart to get you started setting up your optical package.

This is $1000 off new asking price.