Applied Ballistics and Berger on top at The King of 2 Miles!!

Re: Applied Ballistics and Berger on top at The King of 2 Miles!!di

Mitch,

Can you give any specifics about your 375 Lethal Magnum? Parent case, dimensions, case capacity etc? According to the picture it looks heavy duty!!

The cartridge is based on the 585 HE case. Case capacity is just north of 190 grains H20. The cartridge is 3.300". Like I said before the case is actually a little too big to run 400 grain bullets with conventional rifles and loading practices, but as we further develop our system we will be able to make use of the added capacity and really up the performance. I will be testing some 350's in it soon, and these should really be screaming since the burn rate and capacity match up much better. In this configuration, with 350 grain bullets, it would make one hell of a long range hunting set up.

Did I not read somewhere that these guys put their "first" two shots on target @ 2250?

That's a bunch more awsomer than placing as they did. Not really but major impressive.

Roy, we actually had first and second round hits at 1458, 1552, 1724, 2011, and 2477 yards. I am attaching a picture of the final score sheet that shows the hits and misses. I really struggled on the 2011 yard target on the second day for unknown reasons. In no way, shape, or form did we perform perfectly, we have lots of work to do to get ready for next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20160630_134724296.jpg
    IMG_20160630_134724296.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 91
The belt gave it away!!! I thought it was a Hubel Express but I just wasn't positive. Like you mentioned, the primer is really maxed out trying to light all that powder. How are you and your engineer team figuring out how to make that ignition a little easier?

The belt gave it away!!! I thought it was a Hubel Express but I just wasn't positive. Like you mentioned, the primer is really maxed out trying to light all that powder. How are you and your engineer team figuring out how to make that ignition a little easier?

Lots of ideas, some related to ignition, some not so related to ignition. Lots of work to do before we start talking about anything, because it might actually work :D

How incredible it must be to have a team that's full of ideas. If this cartridge comes along the way you would like, will the reamer ever be available for purchase? Is Bertram making your brass or our you forming them yourself?

How incredible it must be to have a team that's full of ideas. If this cartridge comes along the way you would like, will the reamer ever be available for purchase? Is Bertram making your brass or our you forming them yourself?

I will likely sell reamers if the 350 grain bullets work the way I am thinking they will, but you would really be limited to the lighter bullets, since currently it isn't that efficient with 400+ grain bullets.

But if you want to shoot 400+ grain bullets, and assuming our other ideas work out, you will have to buy the whole rifle system, which would offer superior performance in all bullet weights. Like I said earlier, it will take a lot more than just changing chamber dimensions to make this work the way we want it too.

I am necking down 585 HE brass, it's not worth it for me to pursue custom brass at this point.

I want to thank Mitch260 for the 2 Mile win, using our reworked 585HE brass

for his 375 Lethal case, and Swamplord for using our 585HE brass to make

his 375 Warlord. They are helping to to make our case famous.

Enough 585HE cases here in US for lots of shooters and international shooters

can get direct from Bertrams.. Ed

I want to thank Mitch260 for the 2 Mile win, using our reworked 585HE brass

for his 375 Lethal case, and Swamplord for using our 585HE brass to make

his 375 Warlord. They are helping to to make our case famous.

Enough 585HE cases here in US for lots of shooters and international shooters

can get direct from Bertrams.. Ed

Thanks Ed!

I know barrels are an expendable part of shooting but I have to ask what is the projected barrel life of this wildcat?

It will be a little more life than short fat 375s using

about the same amount of powder, like shortened

bmg case necked down... Ed

I know barrels are an expendable part of shooting but I have to ask what is the projected barrel life of this wildcat?

If you keep the barrel cool, probably 800-1000 rounds. In comp rifles, where we shoot 15 shots in 9 minutes like at the king of 2 miles, its going to be less.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.