Applied Ballistics and Berger on top at The King of 2 Miles!!

How heavy can we make them that they will stabilize? 135-140 grains? I want something to compete VERY closely with a high-BC 6.5mm now that I know you can order a 1:7 or 1:8 twist .257 barrel. My next tube for my .25-06 AI might be a Lilja... :D

And it's nothing against Steve or his bullets, I like the way his bullets look, and he really knows his stuff, it's just that right now, I can't afford to buy any with my current occupational situation...Or I would have already ordered some to try. And also, I know its cheaper and easier to produce a cup & core bullet over a precision lathe-cut mono, so price is a big factor for me, when it comes to buying in volume.

How heavy can we make them that they will stabilize? 135-140 grains? I want something to compete VERY closely with a high-BC 6.5mm now that I know you can order a 1:7 or 1:8 twist .257 barrel. My next tube for my .25-06 AI might be a Lilja... :D

And it's nothing against Steve or his bullets, I like the way his bullets look, and he really knows his stuff, it's just that right now, I can't afford to buy any with my current occupational situation...Or I would have already ordered some to try. And also, I know its cheaper and easier to produce a cup & core bullet over a precision lathe-cut mono, so price is a big factor for me, when it comes to buying in volume.

I don't know about stability wise, but Dale Jansen and Chinchaga bullets does a 135gr .257

ya, what good will heavy 25 cal bullets do at 2 miles anyways ? time to forget all that mini and skinny stuff and go for the big and mean !

The 375 cal cartridge that Mitchell Fitzpatrick was shooting is around 190 gr case h20 capacity, about 30 gr more than the 375 CheyTac and is absolutely a step in the right direction, the extra capacity is just right to get the 400 gr bullets up to speed and make use of the high bc's

The 375 Lethal Magnum is very similar to my 375 Warlord wildcat as both are based on the same parent case, minor dimensional differences but case capacity is nearly identical

This win will hopefully wake up a bunch of guys that have strayed from serious long range firepower into the ridiculous world of the "black gun" and other redundant pea shooters

Maybe I missed it in the thread. But what is the BC of the prototype .375 bullet? Interested in the form factor as well...

.56 G7 BC over 3,000fps. No clue on form factor, wondering that myself

That is a slippery bullet....Thanks, all we need is the sectional density and we can find out..
Thanks again...

I would like to see a pic of the wildcat with the bullet seated and a bullet next to it...

Hi guys,

I'm Mitch Fitzpatrick.

Real quick note on the 25 cal that got brought up, a .257 wont do anything that a .243 or a .264 won't do, there are already great bullets right there. Nothing would be gained that isn't already being done.

Back to the .375, Berger's largest offering is currently the 338, 300 Grain OTM. A .375 bullet with a G7 BC of .560 (which is a G1 of 1.090 by the way) actually does something that isn't already being done effectively.

Long story short, why spend time and resources finding a new way to do something that has been done effectively for years? Seems like beating a dead horse to me.

This is not from Berger at all, just my personal opinion.

Back to the important stuff.

The .375 Lethal Magnum is the round I developed at Lethal Precision Arms LLC along side the development of this bullet. The idea was to destroy everything else as far as Ballistics go. And we are definitely getting there. My rifle has a 32" barrel and I am pushing these prototype bullets as fast as 3100 FPS so far. You do the math, G7 of .560, 3100 FPS, 400 grain bullet... This thing works wonders down range, that is for sure. However...

This round and bullet are still underdevelopment, we don't have everything perfect. We are running at the absolute edge of performance. Let me explain, with this bullet, I am forced to use the slowest powder I can get my hands on, and even then I can not get quite the fill ratio I would like. Ignition is tricky, it takes the right primers and you need to run a pretty hot load to get the case full enough or else there are hang fires. Igniting 160 grains of the slowest burning powders available is a tall order for a magnum primer. What this all boils down to is that we are not yet getting the performance we are looking for and are doing a lot of development still to combat these issues. It is not as simple as just changing case dimensions and ordering up some chamber reams. There is way more going on here, far more than just a simple wild-cat. We are working with some of the top companies in the industry to develop the whole system.

No pictures of the bullet, but I will try to get a pic up of the cartridge next to a regular .375 CheyTac.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.