App for locating components

Gregg C

Saw an app listed some time ago, alerting the location of components for sale in stock. To my embarrassment , I neglected to note it, and now can't find it. Anyone aware of this?

I will suggest a few points that make it better odds for you.

Study the current market for your desired component ahead of time.
If you know the current price and what you will think is fair versus what is gouging... it helps.

If what you need isn't hard to get, then you don't need these apps. However, if you have been getting left in the dust, then maybe you do...

This is because things that require the use of these apps are not the kind of things that will wait for you to get home and open email or sit around long enough for you to do anything short of jump. You will have to be ready to trigger and move so you won't have time to research the going rates or alternatives.

Consider using Telegram in combination. I fought the idea at first, but then took the advice and it worked. The service will be able to notify you much faster with something like Telegram and provide a hot link to the seller to give you the advantage of those seconds when the topic is things that disappear in minutes.

I realize it makes some folk's head hurt to think about adding apps like Telegram or Shootingbot to their reloading, but I assure you it has worked very well and I am one that hates the idea of adding apps to my cell phone or even the idea that this is the new normal. YMMV

If you know the current price and what you will think is fair versus what is gouging... it helps.

If what you need isn't hard to get, then you don't need these apps. However, if you have been getting left in the dust, then maybe you do...

This is because things that require the use of these apps are not the kind of things that will wait for you to get home and open email or sit around long enough for you to do anything short of jump. You will have to be ready to trigger and move so you won't have time to research the going rates or alternatives.

Consider using Telegram in combination. I fought the idea at first, but then took the advice and it worked. The service will be able to notify you much faster with something like Telegram and provide a hot link to the seller to give you the advantage of those seconds when the topic is things that disappear in minutes.

I realize it makes some folk's head hurt to think about adding apps like Telegram or Shootingbot to their reloading, but I assure you it has worked very well and I am one that hates the idea of adding apps to my cell phone or even the idea that this is the new normal. YMMV
I'll give it a whirl.

Got the app, but not sure how that is going to help. I'm certain there is something I gotta do... But what? Help, please?

I found this useful as I had never used Telegram before I hooked it up for Shootingbot.
Telegram works sort of similar to test messaging, but allows the Shootingbot server to send notices with hot links faster.
https://www.shootingbot.com/g/telegram

ETA: Once you set up an account on Shootingbot and hook it up to Telegram....
The rest is a matter of going on the Shootingbot site, logging into your account, and selecting the components you are hunting for, then click the little notification button.
It is a pretty easy site to navigate and the search and menus will allow you to be as picky as you want down to a specific bullet, primer, etc.