APA Muzzle Brakes, good stuff!

MTLIVIN

Just wanted to let you fellas know what kind of company Jarred and his people are running out of Georgia with American Precision Arms and the muzzle brakes they make.

I ordered a Gen II micro-bastard self indexing muzzle brake for my mountain-weight 7mm rem mag I build last fall. I had a different smith thread the benchmark barrel when he chambered it for me. Long story short, shooting without the brake I got consistent .3-.4 MOA, and 1.3-1.5 MOA with the brake installed. I called the smith, he blamed the brake, called Jarred at APA and he asked me to send it in so he could inspect it FREE OF CHARGE as this was a very rare circumstance for them.

Jarred called me back, the threads were off. I paid him $150 to cut off the old threads, make new threads, and he back-bored the break a touch while it was set up. First group I shot with the rifle was 0.14"!

The brake is not only incredibly light and effective at recoil reduction, its very very accurate when installed by the right folks. I highly recommend APA services and products to anyone looking for the a great muzzle brake!

I have never had them return a phone call or email!!

I did not experience this, and I called them a few times as well. This industry is really blowing up though and even some of the more reputable manufactures slip up when they are slammed.

I have the now discontinued little Jimmy brake on my 6.5 creedmoor and love it. Looks as good as it performs. The rifle has next to no recoil.

I've messaged them through Facebook they responded to all my questions concerning a brake for my 338LM in a fairly timely manner. I'll end up with the Little bastard since it's about the same shape and dementions as the DE 4 port but more aggressive with the ports

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.