Aoudads

houston

Looking for a aoudad hunt in texas in the next 8 weeks any of you out there with aoudads to hunt.
Jeff~

I too have hunted with Mike, it was one of the best hunts I have been on for aoudad and mule deer. Very physical and if it wasn't the jagged rocks poking me it was the cactus! I would highly recommend hard soled boots and even snake chaps. Ruined a good pair of boots on day 1.

The "shin daggers" will not be soon forgotten.

Very genuine, no BS type of guy and a hunt that wont brake the bank. I hunted his 4D ranch and CDP ranch. The 4D I took a 34" ram and the CDP almost broke the 30" mark. I am going to try out his Comstock ranch next, aoudad hunting is addicting thats for sure! Nice size mulies and javelina (they call them dessert rats) everywhere.

his website is www.westtexashuntorg.com
and I think his number is 915 328 0645

Tell him John says hello!

Good info guys. Thanks for that. I've been looking at doing an aoudad hunt for a while. But gerneraly speaking the prices down there are what I would expect to pay for an Elk or trophy mule deer hunt here in the west. I want to hunt an Aoudad but I'll take a big bull at that price. I had seen the westtexas website but their price was so much lower I wrote it off as I thought it must be lacking something. Good to hear it's not.
Just out of curiosity, I hear those sheep are pretty tough. What rifle did you use?

Let me join in thanking everyone for the info. I'm busier than I want to be at the moment, but when time allows I'll check this out.

First time out I used a .264, 3 well placed shots in the shoulder and finally the ram slowed down.

Second time out .300 short mag did the trick one shot.

You need a good penetrating bullet and able to shoot 450yds with alot of energy, these aoudad are tough SOB's

I thought the same about the site but took the risk and it was well worth it. Nothing super fancy just a good ol hunt.

You may want to check out the self guided hunts he offers also. Half the cost as guided, Im thinking about doing this if I can get a buddy to tag along.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.