2nd Aoudad

Love hunting these critters!
This is my second aoudad and first with my custom "sheep" gun. A remington 700 in 280.

spotted this ram from about 2mi away and managed to bridge the gap down to 450 yards.

I nailed him when he got up from his nap and turned broadside.
Details on the rifle? What ammo/bullet were you running?

I LOVE the 280Rem, such a great cartridge especially if you handload. I'm currently running an M70 chambered in 280 that I bought for the dream of maybe scoring a West TX sheep hunt Or maybe Elk out of state.

PS... Nice Trophy!

Details on the rifle? What ammo/bullet were you running?

I LOVE the 280Rem, such a great cartridge especially if you handload. I'm currently running an M70 chambered in 280 that I bought for the dream of maybe scoring a West TX sheep hunt Or maybe Elk out of state.

PS... Nice Trophy!

thanks!

running a standard 280 remington on a trued 700LA, fluted bolt, with a 2B contour 1:9" twist barrel at 23.5"plus muzzle break all sitting on a McM edge game scout stock. For this hunt i was using Berger 168 classic hunters and 4831 powder.

I will say i did not like the expansion of the bullet. The exit hole was very small.

Currently testing Accubond 140/150/160's

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.