Anyone use Barnes TTSX in their 7MM Rem Mag?

BigMedicine

Just curious as to what weight, powder/powder charge, and how far off the lands you have them. I you shoot the TSX I would like to hear from you as well. How do you like them? I'd appreciate the info, thanks.

I shoot TTSX out of my 300 with good results and seat as far as my mag allows me. No complaints so far.

I have shot the Barnes TSX and TTSX out of my 7mm Rem Mag. . I loaded the bullets 50 thousand off the lands to start and this seem to work very well. I used two different powder with very good results--Magpro and RL-22. Loaded them in RP cases and used WLRM primers. I worked up the load and was able to get 2900+ ft/sec out of a 160 grain bullet. This is a elk or bear load. For deer I think you need to load a lighter bullet like the 120. The 160 will not open up enough on deer-just my experience.

I realize this is a reloading forum but thought I'd share anyway...

My son is a huge Barnes TTSX fan. He bought me a box of Barnes 140 grain TTSX for my birthday since I dont reload to try and get me started on them.

Took them to the range last weekend. I was trying some different ammo and wasn't happy at all with any of them out of my Tikka. Decided to try the Barnes and first 3 shots were all touching at 100 yards. That's all I needed to see and all I'll be buying for my 7 mag.

Hopefully I'll learn to reload one day and will definitely try and work a load up with these.

morning, I use Barnes 145gr. LRX and TTSX, and TSX in my 7mm Wbee, and 7mmwsm.
Have you shot any deer/elk with the 145gr. LRX WSM load and what is the performance?

Just shot some 168g Barnes Long range LRX this w/e with my 7mm RM...shot sub... Used Fed 215M with Retumbo.

Tim
What twist barrel are you running the 168's in and do you know your velocities it is running? I've read in several forums that these bullets need to be moving to open reliably. . .looking for real world input.

The reason I ask, is I just ordered a couple boxes of each 145gr. and 168gr. LRX bullets to load in my 280AI. I like the 160gr. class weight of bullets out of this rifle, but I need to know if they will perform properly at the 280AI velocities and my 9 twist barrel. The 162gr. A-Max is pure evil with 1/4 MOA and the 160gr. Accubond is pretty good both traveling 3100'ish FPS. I worked a 150gr. TTSX load for my Tikka .308 that is very impressive, so I though I would experiment with the 280AI as well. Glad I saw this thread and thank you for any input.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.