Anyone use anything like a Jet Sled?

Yes mainly him, I will use it some but not much. Maybe a 1/4 mile at most in GA. Not bad just thick. Illinois I always have someone else with me. But I'm also thinking that I may hunt Idaho next year and may come in handy
If you're set on the sled idea, I think what FEENIX has is probably your best bet. I've seen a couple versions of those type of sleds on the market and seem to be the ticket for that type of game hauling. Quarter mile pack out with a sled seems like a great idea to me!

FL and GA are about as flat geographically as you can get. ID is about as steep as you can get in the lower 48 if you hunt the mountains. Game carts and sleds can send your animal down into deep dark drainage with the speed of a cruise missile…potentially you with it.

I think this is a long the lines of what Len was suggesting. The more I look at it the more I like it over a formed or molded sled, less hard lines to get hung on. Doesn't it roll up?
Yes! It is hard to see, but the 1st picture is rolled up and hanging on my vest. The rope and vest are tucked in the sled when rolled up. As I said, I have been using it since the early 1990s.

If you're set on the sled idea, I think what FEENIX has is probably your best bet. I've seen a couple versions of those type of sleds on the market and seem to be the ticket for that type of game hauling. Quarter mile pack out with a sled seems like a great idea to me!

FL and GA are about as flat geographically as you can get. ID is about as steep as you can get in the lower 48 if you hunt the mountains. Game carts and sleds can send your animal down into deep dark drainage with the speed of a cruise missile…potentially you with it.
If I make Idaho then I'll be there with some buddies. They hunt out there every year so I'm hoping they have worked most of the kinks.

That jet sled looks a lot like a calf sled.

I've used calf sleds lots and they work pretty good, so long as the terrain cooperates.

More recently I got a couple of Pelican sleds, a Trek 60 and a Trek 75. I like them because they are narrower, which can be a little tippier, but way nicer going through brush and willows.

Runner kits are available and consumable if you run over a lot of gravel or rock.

Handy for lots of tasks, not just carrying game 👍

I have been looking at getting a Jet Sled to help get deer out of the woods. I hunt a river bottom and it is muddy with some deadfall, I usually don't get lucky enough to have help getting deer and pigs out. My father in law is 76 and he can't get a deer out by himself. I was looking at the jet sleds or the ones Tractor supply has, but wanted to know what y'all's experience might be with them and any things I need to think about
Best 40 dollars I've sp
I have been looking at getting a Jet Sled to help get deer out of the woods. I hunt a river bottom and it is muddy with some deadfall, I usually don't get lucky enough to have help getting deer and pigs out. My father in law is 76 and he can't get a deer out by himself. I was looking at the jet sleds or the ones Tractor supply has, but wanted to know what y'all's experience might be with them and any things I need to think aboutsome
I have been looking at getting a Jet Sled to help get deer out of the woods. I hunt a river bottom and it is muddy with some deadfall, I usually don't get lucky enough to have help getting deer and pigs out. My father in law is 76 and he can't get a deer out by himself. I was looking at the jet sleds or the ones Tractor supply has, but wanted to know what y'all's experience might be with them and any things I need to think about
some of the best money I've spent . And when you get to where you're going you and another person can get a hold of the edges and just pickup a heck of a load and set it in pickup they really don't take up much room you just stack stuff in them plus they work good pulling kids in with 4 wheelers. David

I cut this so it fit across back of jeep.Hauled lots of stuff with it Bear this day
IMG_2572.jpeg

They do indeed float, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention in certain terrain types the shear surface area can make them darn near stop.

We have a couple and use them up here for a lot of things, awesome tools for sure but not always a silver bullet. If I was pulling by hand I go for a narrower sled like an expedition sled of the pelican trek. Wife has a Pelican and it kinda covers the in between and expedition sled and jet style. Harness is a big plus for dragging.