Anyone use a JP Recoil Eliminator?

EXPRESS

After reading the muzzle brake review on PRB it highlighted the characteristics I look for in a brake. I believe that muzzle control is as important as recoil reduction, particularly when it comes to spotting your hits and follow up shots.

So the top of the list in that ability was the JP Recoil Eliminator. It does well for recoil reduction too, amongst the moste ffecient in that field though I would have liked to have seen a comparison with the Terminator T3 from NZ.

So does anyone run a a JP on a big .338 or upwards?

I have a JP tactical on my tikka 300 win mag and I have no problems shooting 60-80+ bullets in a single sitting with zero impact to my shoulder.

I shot a lazzeroni warbird with the eliminator and it was like a 22. I wouldn't think twice about adding another JP brake on all my future purchases (to be honest I might have a skewed opinion as my local smith can get them installed in no time). But for the price and convenience it's a no brainer for me

After reading the muzzle brake review on PRB it highlighted the characteristics I look for in a brake. I believe that muzzle control is as important as recoil reduction, particularly when it comes to spotting your hits and follow up shots.

So the top of the list in that ability was the JP Recoil Eliminator. It does well for recoil reduction too, amongst the moste ffecient in that field though I would have liked to have seen a comparison with the Terminator T3 from NZ.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a WWII tank barrel flash suppressor yes.

They are extremely effective on recoil but they are absolutely punishing to anyone around you and to the shooter as well.

If you want a great muzzle brake for the money go over to Ebay and Contact Northwest precision Muzzle brakes and you'll be good to go.

They are very high qualty, fantastic at both muzzle flip and recoil reduction a sheer pleasure to shoot with any rifle of any caliber.

I run thm on 300Rums, 300wm, 7mm STWs, 3of each rifles chanbered in allof the above calibers and one on a Ruger Alaskan .375Ruger. An afternoon at the range wit hthe and you'dl be in love.

It's the onl brake I've got that you can jump out, make a quick shot forgetting your ear protection and not be sinning to the ringing in your ears for the next week.

Best money on an aftermarket brake I've ever spent.

.308 isn't big boar but I've been running one on mine and I can watch my trace all the way to target. I've got a heavy barrel/gun set up so it helps but break is awesome.

I have the JP Beenie Cooley and love it. My buddy has the recoil eliminator on his .300 RUM, IMHO, it is fugly :D, but it is very effective and he really likes it, and that's all it matters. :cool:

Here's a video on a .300 Win Mag (not mine) ...

Last edited:

I run one on my 338 edge and it works wonderfully. As others have said, it is not the prettiest thing out there but it kind of grows on ya.

Randy

How do you find it for sight picture? Does it stay as still as the report found?
In the videos it does seem to have less movement than others.

I have one on a 28 Nosler.
Stays on target better then any brake I've used. Hardly moves off of the target at all.
And I've shot many over the years and the JP is by far the best in my opinion. Not the prettiest though.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.