anyone using OPS or JP muzzle brakes?

jonado

looking for info regarding the OPS or JP recoil eliminator muzzle brakes...I have seen alot of post on the holland qd and D.......looking for other info.

I've used the JP on several XP handguns (308 and 358) with great success - probably one of the most effective I have ever used. It is exactly as advertised but it is LOUD.

I've got a Badger FTE on one .308, and a Vais on another .308... both work pretty well, but I think the FTE works *slightly* better - but it's a bit noisier too.

Ive dealt with vias, holland and Jp and in my opinion the Jp works the best. Others say the Holland works as well but in my expierence the Jp was better. I am odd so I like the looks of them but If you dont then dont buy one. The holland works very well also just not as well in my opinion. If I didnt like the looks of the Jp I wouldnt buy one then. Its hard to convince yourself to like something if you allready decided you didnt before you bought it.

If I was going just for effectiveness only though, I would go with the JP

I've used the Vais,OPS INC,KDF,and just got my rifle back from Jeff Carlock with a Defensive Edge brake.So far,my favorite is the DE,with the Ops inc coming in second.It made my 338 Edge shooting 300gr bullets at 2850fps feel like a 308 from the bench.I have shot the JP before,and they work great.But it really seemed to be louder than my vais at the time.I got stuck shooting a match next to a guy using a JP,and had to move down a bench because of the side blast.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts